• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Big Mac, large fries, and an M&P9, please."

I wouldn't say they authorized drive throughs, they are merely answering questions.

Simply put as long as the transaction is done on the premises it doesn't matter how its done.

RC

I wouldn't say they authorized drive throughs, they are merely answering questions.

Simply put as long as the transaction is done on the premises it doesn't matter how its done.

RC

Respectfully disagree. Emphasis added:

"The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, in new guidance to federally licensed firearm retailers, said Friday that dealers can provide drive-up or walk-up service to reduce health risks posed by the coronavirus.

The guidance was issued, the ATF said, in response industry questions about how business transactions could be restricted following the declaration of a national health emergency.

Licensees may carry out the requested activities through a drive-up or walk-up window or doorway where the customer is on the licensee’s property, on the exterior of the brick-and-mortar structure at the address listed on the license,” the ATF said in a Friday bulletin."

FFLs were already doing this stuff whether the feds like it or not. A lot of the federal law constraints on gun businesses are mind numbing retarded.

Oh man!! I so want to hear the (that) ice cream truck drive down my road.

AR’s, get your AR’s here...

So, what would be the music/jingle playing out of the truck's loudspeakers that would send us all running outside like little kids on a hot summer day? 🤔

Frank

So, what would be the music/jingle playing out of the truck's loudspeakers that would send us all running outside like little kids on a hot summer day? 🤔

Frank

Id be happy with the normal ice cream truck music (or let the body’s hit the floor).

Imagine a liberal taking their kid’s for a rocket pop and finding guns for sale... I can hear heads pop now...

RC
Respectfully disagree. Emphasis added:

"The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, in new guidance to federally licensed firearm retailers, said Friday that dealers can provide drive-up or walk-up service to reduce health risks posed by the coronavirus.

The guidance was issued, the ATF said, in response industry questions about how business transactions could be restricted following the declaration of a national health emergency.

Licensees may carry out the requested activities through a drive-up or walk-up window or doorway where the customer is on the licensee’s property, on the exterior of the brick-and-mortar structure at the address listed on the license,” the ATF said in a Friday bulletin."

Drive-thru gun stores are not newly legal. They’ve always been legal. They were legal last week before the ATF published this new guidance. Neither law nor regulation has changed.

Enough people finally asked the question that they published an answer. That’s the only thing that’s changed.

Drive-thru gun stores are not newly legal. They’ve always been legal. They were legal last week before the ATF published this new guidance. Neither law nor regulation has changed.

Enough people finally asked the question that they published an answer. That’s the only thing that’s changed.

Actually, the NSSF asked the question, and the ATF published a response. The NSSF isn't exactly an uninformed bystander. ("Oh, that's always been legal.") Unless you can find a previous ruling or published opinion that such activity was specifically addressed, then, yes, this is a new ruling/interpretation.

Actually, the NSSF asked the question, and the ATF published a response. The NSSF isn't exactly an uninformed bystander. ("Oh, that's always been legal.") Unless you can find a previous ruling or published opinion that such activity was specifically addressed, then, yes, this is a new ruling/interpretation.

Did I say the ATF has previously published opinions on this? No.

Does that have any bearing on whether or not it’s been legal the whole time? Also no.

The ATF letter literally references a few sections of extant law/regulation, and says “if you read these, you’ll see that it allows/doesn’t prohibit you from what you’re asking if you can do”.

Nothing about the relevant statutes changed.

4418452_700b.jpg

Frank

I'd go with Winteborn and Happy Birthday from Cruxshadows, looping between random RB Hall marches. And occasionally themes from Victory at Sea.

Back
Top Bottom