Big E This weekend?

I've seen some reviews of previous shows at the Big E and such, but I wanted to know what I could expect to find there this weekend. I'm fairly new to shooting and was interested in finding some reloading supplies (machine), ammo, some stuff for the AR15. Maybe even another rifle or shotgun. The posts have said that gun shows seem to be lacking guns these days. Should I just stay to local shops then head out to Springfield (1 1/2 hour drive)?

Thanks

I went to the last Big E show and was really disappointed. A lot of the gun shows focus on gip gop and a lot of garbage.

If you like C&R weapons then I wouldn't miss it for the world. It's never a bad idea going to a gunshow though because you never know what might be for sale. If you don't go you may miss the gun you've been looking for for years. It's a tough call to make. I debating about skipping the last one and after going I wish I did skip it as I too had to drive 1.5 hours and didn't buy anything.

I won't be going this time but only because I have to work on Sat. and I have a party to go to on Sunday.

The show this weekend is primarily dedicated to militaria and such. It usually is a better show than the other one held there in the fall.
There are always people who say different things about how they felt the show went but you should go fro yourself and check it out and form your own opinions.
I think you will enjoy the experience.

I've found great deals at the June Big E show. After all its still a gun show and there will be guns guns guns.[smile]
Its worth going to because you never know when that deal of a lifetime will present itself. I've found plenty at different shows.

Someone from another forum called Carole (promoter) and she told him "about 450 tables" . . . even though their advertising said 600! Based on my personal experiences there the past few years, I'd guess the real number will run probably closer to 350 tables!

$5 parking is a rip-off.

Only ONE ammo dealer usually . . . restricted to a tent by policies of the Big E. Therefore you won't find gun powder, much if any primers, etc. at the show. I've only seen 1 or 2 presses at any of her gun shows over the past 10-15 years.

My total assessment of Big E gun shows is "a waste of time/money". I no longer will bother going there unless NES plans a "members event" out there in conjunction with the show.

The Marlboro show is pretty decent, multiple ammo dealers, usually ~450-500 tables for real. Free parking and a much shorter drive. Next Marlboro show is September.

The first time I went there was about 4 years ago. I had just started getting into firearms. My son and I had a great time. But, over the last couple of years I felt it was a waste of time, it seems to get smaller every year. And for me, the 1hr 45min drive isn't worth it for that. I would agree though, if you haven't been, you should go and form your own opinion. Like M4M said, it is after all a gun show!

Bonz...

Are there really 400+ tables at Marlboro? Never thought about it by table, seems like about 125-150 separate dealers but now that I think of it, it could be 500 tables easy. Just a comment

Looks like I'll be going tomorrow and fairly late in the morning too, but I guess its better than nothing.
I'm hoping people post detailed reviews so I'll know if its worth going or not. Nothing I really need or am looking for except of course ammo and cheap SKS rifles.[smile]

Someone from another forum called Carole (promoter) and she told him "about 450 tables" . . . even though their advertising said 600! Based on my personal experiences there the past few years, I'd guess the real number will run probably closer to 350 tables!

$5 parking is a rip-off.

Only ONE ammo dealer usually . . . restricted to a tent by policies of the Big E. Therefore you won't find gun powder, much if any primers, etc. at the show. I've only seen 1 or 2 presses at any of her gun shows over the past 10-15 years.

My total assessment of Big E gun shows is "a waste of time/money". I no longer will bother going there unless NES plans a "members event" out there in conjunction with the show.

The Marlboro show is pretty decent, multiple ammo dealers, usually ~450-500 tables for real. Free parking and a much shorter drive. Next Marlboro show is September.

We won't make this one,since my brother is up from Texas. He's building up a Suzuki Samrai for wheeling, but I will try to put together a get together for the fall one. Glenn and Alan are working with him also so we have no time for it. We usually go since it's in our back yard so to say.

Privi 308 in 200 rd BP's $100-$120(can't remember)
Privi 5.56 in 200 rd packs $75.00/$309 case
5.45 1080 rd case(2 spam cans) $200 --- $139 shipped online
Golden Tiger 7.62x39 $5 a box/$200 case---$175 shipped online

There was some other 7.62/308 surplus,Paki or Indian around the same price as the Privi.

Lots of Garand,carbine,M14 stuff.

I walked out with 2 cartons of Marlboros,no gun stuff.There was an Arsenal milled 105S or 101S(thumbhole stock) for $495,I almost got it but I really don't need another AK rifle in x39..yet.

There were also a couple of Nazi swastika wearing punks walking around that needed to be kicked in the throat.

The Golden tiger was actually 180.00 per case and the 5.45 was $350.00 per case or $180.00 per individual can ( I didnt buy either but I am just saying)

I ended up buying AK47 book that I always wanted and I got a steal on an authentic Action Arms mag pouch and 2 NIB IMI Uzi mags- $55.00 out the door

Pictures1332.jpg

Pictures1331.jpg

There were more Kimbers there than I have seen in one place in Mass. ever.

One guy had the one I lust after. I just couldn't get myself to pay his price. I just may after the show though, if he still has it. [wink]

Dave had a S&W 629 V-Comp. You don't see many of those kicking around. If it was the 627 it would have come home with me.

I just have to go to those. After all, what else would I be doing?

Bob

I went today. Saw a few NESrs... Kingson, USMA-82, and talked with the guys from Zero Hour for a while. Some nice guns there but wayyy too pricey. A minty Hungarian 91/30 original sniper with scope at Terry Goode's table. Price was around $1000 I think. He also had a crate of M44s with ugly import stamps. No 43 dates though.
Lots of SKS', but they were too high IMO. I couldn't get a seller to budge $40 on a Norinco paratrooper type model and didn't want to pay the $240 for it.
Another seller had a Russian SKS for $500.[shocked] I've come to the conclusion that some dealers simply do not belong selling guns because they know nothing about some of the stuff they sell. One guy had a Rasheed but called it a Hakim and mentioned contemplating refinishing the stock. [rolleyes] I also think some dealers will have the same rifles for years to come at the prices they're asking and maybe by then they'll be worth the $$$.
Best deal I saw was the Rasheed going for a little above normal price.
I did end up with a case of Golden Tiger for $180.[grin]

I went there today and saw a couple of NES'rs, Milsurp 4 me, and Rockriver1. My friend and I walk around for a couple of hours and looked at all the cool stuff. Some of the prices there where very high. I did see the Rasheed there and it was a nice gun but I can't bring myself to pay that much for one (I really want one to). I did find a coulpe of things to buy. The first one was a Saiga .410 semi auto shotgun. I bought it for my girlfriend, see really likes .410 shotguns and see has them in may diffrent types, but see didn't have a semi auto.

DSC01088.jpg

The second thing I got was 4 Sunomi coffin mags, the pouch to hold them and a loader. I have the coffen mags for about $50 each. I got the whole thing for $135.

DSC01089.jpg

I can use these in my Cobray M11 sub gun, I got a Stony Creek upper that takes the Sunomi mags (the 72 round drums, the coffen mags and the 36 round stick mags). I spent a couple of hours filing them so that the would fit good in the gun.

DSC01091.jpg

So overall it was a good day.

I went on Saturday around noon, very light traffic. I made a deal trading my G17 and some cash for an M&P 9mm. Fair deal all around. Other than that, no other new goodies. Lots of knives and collectable shotguns. Not as many junk dealers as in the past.

I went on Saturday.

The June show has been in the Young Building for the last couple of years (didn't know that, only have gone to the fall ones lately). It sucked, no AC, very hot and muggy in there, they advertised 600 tables, lucky if there was 250 maybe 300 (one of the dealers told to look over in the corner, there was 300 or so tables stacked there, he said that's how they call it a 600 table show [smile] ).

Over all it wasn't bad though, there was some real good deals going on. There was a real good mix of items for sale (or trade) at this one.
Match Shot Firearms and Auto-Sport Distributors had some good prices.

The fall one has alot more tables and dealers [smile].

The fall one has alot more tables and dealers [smile].

More tables, stacked in two corners?? [rolleyes]

So, I was right, in spades!

Glad I didn't waste a trip. I had a much better weekend at NEShooters' clinic on Saturday, dinner with good friends on Saturday evening and meeting up with some good friends from NJ Sunday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom