"Bet my farm I can take any N American game with .22 Hornet"

10 million $ farm (in today's money) quote from Jim Carmichael, shooting editor for Outdoor life for 20+ years, author of Complete Book of the Rifle, holder of many rifle shooting records and big game records in Africa, N America. He also bet $50,000 (in today's money) that he could do so with no more than 2 shots per animal. under condition of fair chase, too. So much for "needing" a 338, .45-70, etc.

I knew a guy that took every big game in North America with a 30 cal. carbine. I don't recall how many shots he put into the Griz, but many were head shots and some deer size animals were 1 shot to the heart. A 22 Hornet is a superior cartridge to a 30 carbine.

10 million $ farm (in today's money) quote from Jim Carmichael, shooting editor for Outdoor life for 20+ years, author of Complete Book of the Rifle, holder of many rifle shooting records and big game records in Africa, N America. He also bet $50,000 (in today's money) that he could do so with no more than 2 shots per animal. under condition of fair chase, too. So much for "needing" a 338, .45-70, etc.
Seems this is old news........and according to the us carry forum it was $40,000 back in 2013.

Read Jim Carmichael's COMPLETE BOOK OF THE RIFLE

Back
Top Bottom