Best scope for a 10/22

Another vote for Nikon Prostaff 3-9. The bdc works very well for me. Picked mine up for $80 on sale a while back.

Attachments

• DB725894-0088-472B-BBDF-1E74D12B4078.jpeg
    DB725894-0088-472B-BBDF-1E74D12B4078.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 7
Having spent a lot of stupid money on cheap scopes over the years, I have found Nikon to be the best price/performance scopes for me. I do a lot of 100yd egg shoots, so my .22 sports the Nikon Prostaff 4-12 that’s been mentioned. I couldn’t be happier. Clear view and it holds a zero.

I have a couple of these on 1022's; I like them. Nice thing about them is that when you zero at 50, you can run clicks to get to 100, and when you dial back down - your 50 yard zero is restored. A couple of scopes I tried prior to this, (for about same money), were inconsistent when you adjusted vertical. (sorry for the lousy phrasing, hope my meaning is clear).
Poor tracking is probably the number one problem with
I have a couple of these on 1022's; I like them. Nice thing about them is that when you zero at 50, you can run clicks to get to 100, and when you dial back down - your 50 yard zero is restored. A couple of scopes I tried prior to this, (for about same money), were inconsistent when you adjusted vertical. (sorry for the lousy phrasing, hope my meaning is clear).
Tracking or poor tracking is the big problem with most inexpensive scopes.
If your scope has turret caps your supposed to zero it and forget it. Ideally you zero to PBR and accept the hit on target zone/size through a specific yardage range.
Even inexpensive scopes with "target turrets" can suffer, part of the reason why manufactures
Stuff "drop zone" type reticles in there.
The best thing you can do is get to know your ballistics and holds on your reticle.
If you do get a reticle that has hold/hash marks be sure to know at what magX they subtend at.
For example my 8x32x44 has "mil dot" well 1 mil is aprox 3.6" at 1 00. Scope has to be on 24x to get that. Unless its a Front focal plane style

Back
Top Bottom