Best BUIS that are not Troy

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Doing a new AR build here pretty soon. I am trying to decide on backup irons for it. When I got my last upper from BCM I used Daniel Defense fixed front, which I like, and a "BCM" flip up rear which to my disappointment I later realized is made by Troy. For reasons we all know by now I would like to avoid giving Troy Ind any business on my next build.

So what is the best BUIS out there? I like the troy sight I have because it has the ability to quickly switch your rear sight aperture from a smaller peep for longer range to a bigger peep for closer shooting. Other than that they all seem to be the same.

So far I'm considering KAC LMT and DD. I dont want plastic if I can avoid it. There's a good chance I will go with the DD fixed front again. I'll be shooting through an Aimpoint T2 micro.

Last edited:
Doing a new AR build here pretty soon. I am trying to decide on backup irons for it. When I got my last upper from BCM I used Daniel Defense fixed front, which I like, and a "BCM" flip up rear which to my disappointment I later realized is made by Troy. For reasons we all know by now I would like to avoid giving Troy Ind any business on my next build.

So what is the best BUIS out there? I like the troy sight I have because it has the ability to switch your peep from a smaller peep for longer range to a bigger peep for closer shooting. Other than that they all seem to be the same.

So far I'm considering KAC LMT and DD. I dont want plastic if I can avoid it. There's a good chance I will go with the DD fixed front again. I'll be shooting through an Aimpoint T2 micro.
Have you looked at the magpul MBUS pro? (I.e. the non polymer ones)

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG276/MBUS

Snacks, I will bring my rifle that has a set of MBUS PRO sights on it if you want to play with them after class this weekend.

I currently have the troys and I like them, I have also had yankee hill machine and they were awesome too. I have also heard great things about magpul sights

Knights armament makes a very nice set of buis

Pricey unless you buy the Marine Corps version on eBay that some of the salty jarheads resell there

I use the kac micro rears I picked up on eBay. I absolutely love the site picture with that peep sight. The other benefit of that site is that it is elevation adjustable. Its the usmc model. If you go that route make sure you're buying the real ones and not a copy made out of chinesium.

Last edited:
I have no experience with them, but I'll likely be getting Diamond head for my next build.

As mentioned, YHM aren't bad for the money as well as Midwest Industries as they both have the dual peep.

YHM's are solid. Diamond-Heads are cool if you can get used to them. Not for me though.

Bonus: Off topic and inappropriate but there was a guy on reddit the other day with a dual-peep. True story.

I don't know who makes them but the RRA branded flip sights are pretty rugged and have the dual aperture....

Back
Top Bottom