Best AR bang for the buck

Been offline for sometime. Glad to be back.

I am looking for an economical AR set-up that allows me to have the 5.56/.223 capability as well as the .22 for cheap target practice.

Any suggestions? Again...$ is a big issue, but I don't want a purely .22 only rifle. Thanks all.

BTW, I live in MA.

well Snake , unfortunately i don't know if you can even find any right now. im trying to find a reasonably priced AR as well.

you could do what i plan on doing if i don't, pick up a lower from remsport in the next month when they are back in production , and buy a few mags , and wait it out..

I have noticed. It's crazy! Four Seasons looks like everything is sold out! I am in no rush but anxious to "window shop." All things being equal, are there some models to take a look at?

Wait till prices get back to somewhat normal.
Prices are X3 or X4 now.

This. I recommend the M&P Sport which I love, but people are paying $1400 for them on Gunbroker which is double what I paid ! It's insane, wait until next month when the panic buyers will be going through firearm purchaser's remorse !

Sent from my POS iPhone

well i mean deals like Windham Weaponry which has an MSRP for about 1K, if can find it for about 1200, i don't think that's too bad of a deal in this economy . its alot better than paying 600 + over MSRP for a rifle like i was planning on doing .

looking at a Windham on GB for 1150. if it stays at that price its not that bad a deal.

cold it depends, we are all taking a gamble here in this hectic time, it could pay off or it might not and things return to normal.

I have noticed. It's crazy! Four Seasons looks like everything is sold out! I am in no rush but anxious to "window shop." All things being equal, are there some models to take a look at?

Sit tight and hope there is not a ban. If there is not a ban, things (based on past panic events) will return to normal in about a year. Right now, on average, ARs are selling for about double what they worth before the CT shootings.

Personally, I owned a good deal of stuff before the panic, but I still felt the need to buy one or two must have items, even at higher prices.

exactly, im in the feeling i need to buy some sort of full AR, even though i know ammo won't be around anytime soon. but since i won't have the money in a year if things return to normal i should get it now, since i will have substantially less funds due to college. id rather buy the rifle and hold onto it.

the bonus is i get a rifle , granted its not exactly what i want . but upper's can be changed during a ban. lower can't be.

believe me, i was thinking about getting a rifle in jan, just before college started.. and im regretting not getting a rifle last summer, when i was thinking about buying one.

exactly, im in the feeling i need to buy some sort of full AR, even though i know ammo won't be around anytime soon. but since i won't have the money in a year if things return to normal i should get it now, since i will have substantially less funds due to college. id rather buy the rifle and hold onto it.

the bonus is i get a rifle , granted its not exactly what i want . but upper's can be changed during a ban. lower can't be.

believe me, i was thinking about getting a rifle in jan, just before college started.. and im regretting not getting a rifle last summer, when i was thinking about buying one.

My advice in the current market, it's better to overpay of a quality rifle (2k for a preban colt flat top) than to overpay for a crappy tier 3 rifle ($1,500 for a Dpms).

i wonder where Bravo Company ranks in that listing? 1700 dollars for a 1K rifle on gunbroker .. thoughts lol.?

or a windham normally 800 selling for 1150??

there is a windham at 500 right now but its still got 5 days left...

mass driver what do you think?

i wonder where Bravo Company ranks in that listing? 1700 dollars for a 1K rifle on gunbroker .. thoughts lol.?

or a windham normally 800 selling for 1150??

there is a windham at 500 right now but its still got 5 days left...

mass driver what do you think?

I like BCM a lot. I've owned several of their rifles and been very impressed. I would rather pay $1700 for a factory BCM than 1200 for a windham.

Saiga in 7.63 or .223 (5.56). Availability may be hit or miss (especially with the 7.62), but I just picked up a .223 today for $500 new.

Been offline for sometime. Glad to be back.

I am looking for an economical AR set-up that allows me to have the 5.56/.223 capability as well as the .22 for cheap target practice.

Any suggestions? Again...$ is a big issue, but I don't want a purely .22 only rifle. Thanks all.

BTW, I live in MA.

I would consider investing in an M&P15-22 for 22LR pratice. youd be getting a whole gun for the same price of a 22 upper and compatible mags. Great little SBR for $399 and I think most places still have them in stock.

I like BCM a lot. I've owned several of their rifles and been very impressed. I would rather pay $1700 for a factory BCM than 1200 for a windham.

Yup, BCM makes some of the best uppers but they sell out quick. As for a .22 training rifle, I'd get the 15-22 or a dedicated upper. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom