Bergdahl A Free Man

WTF? Now I'm ashamed of having served in this PC Army. He should be hung.
"Was five years in Taliban captivity enough punishment? The military judge in Bowe Bergdahl’s court-martial for desertion and misbehavior before the enemy has apparently reached that conclusion. Bergdahl will get a dishonorable discharge at a lower rank and forfeit his back pay, but will leave the military a free man otherwise:"
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/03/breaking-bergdahl-gets-no-prison-time/

Army Col. Judge Jeffery R. Nance said Bergdahl will be dishonorably discharged when issuing the ruling Friday after nearly two weeks of testimony by Bergdahl’s former comrades. Bergdahl, 31, was held by the Taliban for five years before being released in a prisoner swap in 2014.

back in the East they used to publicly rip off shoulder boards and unit insignia off the uniform for acts of treason or cowardice.

Just saw this on the TV. That is just outrageous. What about his fellow soldiers that were injured when they tried to find him? They could have been killed by his "wanting to take a walk". He should be in Leavenworth.

I'm just waiting for the sex change operation...then the story will have gone full retard.

My only guess is that the judge figured he'd served 5 years in hell for his cowardice. Not enough in my opinion given that he endangered fellow troops who subscribe to the "no man left behind" creed.

I'm sure he'll get a job somewhere with people who just don't get what it means to stand a post. Never served myself, but my dad did. Not once did he shirk his duty because he got tired of serving.

This piece of shit volunteered, so It wasn't like he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

Let's hope he dies in a fire soon. What a disgrace to our country.

I figured he wouldn't get punished too harshly, but I did expect the military to at least imprison him for a period of time to punish him for the chaos he caused, people he endangered/caused to be injured, etc.

There is a podcast called "Serial" that details the whole Bergdhal thing in season 2. Much of it in his own words, those of his comrades and command staff.

It changed my opinion of him from a coward to a mental case. He was actually booted from Coast Guard basic training for having a mental breakdown.

Maybe this is the bleeding heart in me, but I'm happy with the outcome. I believe he should never have served, but somehow slipped through the cracks and wound up in a war he wasn't mentally equipped to deal with.

I don't think any of his actions were malicious in intent.

I'm just waiting for the sex change operation...then the story will have gone full retard.

My only guess is that the judge figured he'd served 5 years in hell for his cowardice. Not enough in my opinion given that he endangered fellow troops who subscribe to the "no man left behind" creed.

I'm sure he'll get a job somewhere with people who just don't get what it means to stand a post. Never served myself, but my dad did. Not once did he shirk his duty because he got tired of serving.

This piece of shit volunteered, so It wasn't like he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

Let's hope he dies in a fire soon. What a disgrace to our country.

Me too. Was wondering if he would hook up with Chelsea Manning?

Actually, yes. I did think that the traitor would get SOME jail time.

Only person our government has come down hard on in the past 20 years is Tim McVeigh. Only took 4 years to execute him after his conviction. Other than that since then I think our Gov has been very easy on Terrorist?
Im actually surprised Bergdahl was not awarded back pay a few promotions and his full retirement....really im not.

This gov has come to award criminals lately
Th

Best part: the judge went with the defense’s sentencing recommendations basically to the letter...and Bergdahl still appealed the sentence.

I mean, I’m all for making sure the wrong guy doesn’t get jammed up, but he pled guilty and then requested this sentence. WTF is there to appeal?

McVeigh was not in the Army when he committed the act of terrorism. Bergdahl is not a terrorist. He is a deserter. And a traitor.

But if you've served honorably, or didn't serve but have still lived your life honorably, working hard, trying to obey BS laws and generally do the right thing, and you possess a piece of plastic (bump stock) or a 12rd magazine you'll do several years, no doubt about it. ****ing ass backwards society we live in. God help us.

He should be swinging from a rope right now while some guy is walking around selling popcorn to the crowd.

That ought to be just great for morale in the military services.

Just toss all your general orders right out the fvcking window as they don't mean a damned thing now.

I think he should find another country to live in, he's not welcome in mine.

Back
Top Bottom