Beretta 92fs Inox or Blued?

I am currently looking at picking up a Beretta 92fs and have come across a used Inox for $550. I can buy a brand new blued one for $540, so the question is, is it a smarter move to buy the used Inox over a brand new blued 92fs? I would say that the overall condition of the used Inox is very good, just needs a little cleaning up. Also should mention that the Inox that I'm looking at does not have stainless controls. It is like the one pictured below.

Glock.

the default nes answer.[smile]
but seriously, buy the new blued one, wipe down the booger hook prints off after each use, register it for the 3 year warranty .

Last edited:
I love the look of the stainless, and it's stain resistance. Since it doesn't have a lifetime warranty either way, I'd go with the inox myself.

I went black for my FS and A1. I don't care for the black controls. Isnt inox a stainless look coating?

I have owned both. I sold the black one when I bought the Inox. The only difference that I could see was the looked different. Both shot well. The 92 is a great gun. If it wasn't so damn heavy I would carry it.
I bought the black one new and the Inox used from a member on here.

Ive been having this same debate with myself for the past week... I'm leaning towards the stainless.

I really want the compact. When I see stainless Beretta 92s and ask if they have any compact ones I get a look like "Dude... be grateful we have this" lol it's like looking for a black unicorn. Then on top of THAT it has to be a MA compliant version with 10 round mags! And I rather buy new.

Saw a used stainless compact the other day but it was in NH, lol might be the same one we're talking about [emoji23]

Last edited:
I tend to prefer the classic look of a blued 92. And would much prefer a brand new one. I'm always a bit Leary with used guns that it may have been a lemon of some sort and that's why it got sold. I do like the look of the Inox with black controls though but still prefer blues.

Have both. Are great shooters. Did a bit of an upgrade with Wilson Combat parts…. still looking for a Grenadier (Italy)….
Little heavy but great range guns.

Ive been having this same debate with myself for the past week... I'm leaning towards the stainless.

I really want the compact. When I see stainless Beretta 92s and ask if they have any compact ones I get a look like "Dude... be grateful we have this" lol it's like looking for a black unicorn. Then on top of THAT it has to be a MA compliant version with 10 round mags! And I rather buy new.

Saw a used stainless compact the other day but it was in NH, lol might be the same one we're talking about [emoji23]

This was at a shop in MA and it was the full size one. I'm a fan of the compacts as well, I've yet to see one used or new at any shops near me though

Have both. Are great shooters. Did a bit of an upgrade with Wilson Combat parts…. still looking for a Grenadier (Italy)….
Little heavy but great range guns.

This would defiantly be primarily a range gun. Wilson Combat makes some nice stuff, wish I had deep enough pockets to buy one of their tuned Berettas

This was at a shop in MA and it was the full size one. I'm a fan of the compacts as well, I've yet to see one used or new at any shops near me though

There is a used stainless 92 compact at The Shooters Outpost in NH. It looked like tiny rust spots near the hammer and I don't know for sure but I doubt it was the MA complaint 10 rounder; it was around the mid $700s. I THINK there was also a black one there but I don't remember because I was too focused on the stainless and I didn't get a chance to hold or look at it because I had a box of Federal HST in my hand as I was looking at what else they had and some employee told me "We ask that ammunition stays downstairs..." smh. So I went downstairs, payed for my ammo and left.

And that's my story of when I saw the stainless Beretta 92fs Compact for the first time in the wild...

Last edited:
If you're willing to travel to peabody, Northeast arms can usually order the compact 92s. I believe they are currently only available in inox though and they have the accessory rail. As for the 92FS in blue or inox, I've had a 92A1 and a Vertec and I have to say that whichever you choose you won't be upset. One downside to finding a holster I like I've worn off the stainless finish in the Vertec.

Either is a good choice. The Inox are tougher to clean, that is about the only difference. Some people want the Italian made ones, and from what I have seen most of the new Black ones at the moment have been Italian made. Easy to tell " BER " serial number USA made, " Single Letter followed by numbers" Italian MFG. I personally would get the new black one, then buy a new Inox when you see it..

my beretta vertec has the inox finish. i prefer it over standard finish. that being said beretta's standard black finish is also nice.

If you're willing to travel to peabody, Northeast arms can usually order the compact 92s. I believe they are currently only available in inox though and they have the accessory rail.

I'm pretty loyal to Baystate Firearms across the road... if Northeast Arms can get them I'm assuming Baystate can as well?

I'm going in there in a couple few days to pick up a gun so I'll be sure to ask.

They are on the list, so theoretically any one can order them with out issue...

Last time I was in Baystate I asked about them and I was told they're "Really hard to get ahold of..."; he was one of the newer employees. He didn't mention he could order it for me and I didn't mention anything about ordering either but when I go in there in a few days I'll be sure to ask.

Beretta 92fs Inox or Blued?
I love both finishes and looks (for different reasons)... so I own both. I would have preferred the "all bright stainless" look of the Italian-made INOX model, but you can't get them brand new any longer and I couldn't find a used one with 10-round magazines. So I had to go with what some call the two-tone (stainless with black controls) American-made version.

I've got a 92fs compact with pre-ban 13 round mads(two) if you're really interested.

The black ones aren't blued, by the way. Beretta uses a coating on the slides called Bruniton. Think more like paint than bluing. The barrels are parkerized and the slides are aluminum and are anodized.

I sent mine in for the full Wilson Combat re-do and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I like the black myself. You can buy Wilson Combat parts and do some of the work yourself if your mechanically inclined. Are the stainless models frames coated like the black one or is it anodized?

Back
Top Bottom