beratta info and value

I have a beratta model 1000 black powder o/u gun I would like to get some info on. I think that it was made to commemorate its 300th anniversary. Not sure if thats true. Does anybody know the value of this gun? I have the box and it has never been fired.The box is open.Also I have all the goodies that came along with this gun at the time it was new.

Another question being blackpowder what do I have to do legally post it for sale in the classified section?
thank you

Did I say something wrong here??I got 54 people to read the post and not one comment! I know I could have just searched online for my answers but I wanted real gun people to give me some comments........You know I love it, I hate it, I saw one and liked it, saw one and hated it, to heavy,to lite ,shot high, shot low,had trouble with mine,had no trouble at all,blah,blah'blah
what ever at least my post did not get closed......yet

Hi, Morty. I don't think anyone is mad at you. I have very little experience with blackpowder guns, so I can't help you out with an opinion. Keep in mind that your post has only been up for about six hours. People work, get home, have supper, spend time with the family, etc. I'm sure if someone has experience with the gun in question, eventually they'll weigh in. Just have a little patience. The 54 views might have been from folks like myself who clicked on the thread out of curiosity.

If you're trying to put a dollar value on the gun, have you tried checking the online auction sites, like Gunbroker, to see if they have any listed? Often a web search on the item will come up with dealers/gunshops who have the item for sale. You could at least get a ballpark idea of its value.

EDIT: Take a look here. About 1/2 way down the page. They are actively soliciting to buy these, and they also offer an appraisal.

Last edited:
By the way Morty.....you know that gun doesn't actually exist without several nice detailed pictures, right??? [smile]
Plus someone may recognize it better with pics.

Last edited:
I also think that you've not offended people, but there's a reason that percussion shotguns are not all that common...technology has marched on!

I did some quick research, and apparently, there was ths gun in the box, and a fancy cased set.

One closed on Gunbroker for about $1000.

q.v.: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=151230421

Not sure how this lines up with yours, but it's a place to start.

Too rich for my blood! [smile]

Good luck.

FOund this: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=63708

This too: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5

Copied from the previous link:

Q I have a Beretta Model 1000 black powder O/U which the company made to commemorate its 300th anniversary. The gun has never been fired, and comes with its originally issued case and assorted hardware, sold as a package by Beretta (or at least it was purchased that way). I also have the company's specially printed 1981 anniversary catalog which came with the shotgun.
Could you most kindly inform me of its approximate worth, as well as how I would go about selling it?
A Over-Under, Cased 12 Gauge: $950.00
Over-Under 12 Gauge Beretta Shotgun With 1680-1980 Commemorative, Locking, Case With A Large Complement Of Accessories. Beretta Called This Their Replica Model 1000 When Originally Manufactured. Case Has Leather End caps And Leather Highlights And Two Compartments For Storage Of The Accessories Which Include: Powder Flask, Shot Pouch With Measure, Powder Measure, Nipple Pick, Cap Dispenser, Wrench And Cleaning Rod Set. Complete With Original Manual And Promotional Brochure. The Accessories And Case Are Unused Except The Shotgun Has Been Placed In Case On Several Occasions For Display Purposes. Approximately 80 Loads Have Been Discharged From Each Barrel.
given that it has never been fired you can up the price a bit, especially to a serious collector, say $1100 for starters

Keep in mind there is a BIG difference between a products "value" and what someone will actually pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom