• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Being "Disgruntled" + Buying Guns = Early Morning Visit from Swat

We always hear about people being disgruntled but never about them being gruntled in the first place.

Us gruntled folks tend to be quiet about it.

"Ruthless" is another of those words where the opposite term - "ruth" is defined but not commonly used.

yesterday a store clerk , ' how are you doing today?"

I responded that I was gruntled. She said why what's the matter, and then instantly understood and laughed. I asked her if she'd ever been whelmed, not ust over or under whelmed.

She said that I cracked her up.

I asked if she'd ever been cracked down or just plain cracked.

Liberty is now an illusion

Repeat after me:

"Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe. Big brother keeps us safe."

Liberty has always been an illusion. It's a promise people make to each other, and like any promise it can be broken. As soon as the mob (or its government) turns against you, rights, liberty, and silly notions like freedom melt into a simple truth: you can remain free as long as you can prevail against the mob. Then it's over. And no law, no piece of paper, and no promise can ever prevent this.

Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly and he has his property returned.

Looks like he did.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100312/NEWS07/3120354/-1/NEWSMAP

David Pyles, who identified himself as the Oregon Department of Transportation worker taken in for a mental health evaluation Monday, asked for the return of his weapons Thursday.

Three handguns, a AK-47 rifle and a 12-gauge shotgun were delivered back to his home at about 11 a.m. today, he and police said in separate statements.

Pyles said in an e-mail that his guns were returned to him in a professional manner. He thanked to police for returning his legally owned personal property and said he also appreciated the media's interest in the matter.

But it also seems like there was a restraining order violation involved, and not just some JBT's kicking in doors.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=12116140

A man arrested at a standoff in Floyd County faced a judge Wednesday afternoon. 27-year-old John Pyle is accused of violating a protective order during Tuesday night's standoff at a home off Magnolia Court in Southern Estates in Floyd County.

I am still gruntled that this happened at all but whelmed with cheer that it was able to be straightened out in a month. And he is back together with his license and property.

I think the MOST IMPORTANT point in this long thread is what DRGRANT posted back a few pages ago and it was my first impression as well:

"How the heck did ANYONE know he was "disgruntled" and who turned him to the local cops? " That point is the worst part of all of this, that and the fact that he was totally embarassed by being marched out of his house after having his neighbors 'evacuated' and the street closed off. Can you imagine your relationship in your neighborhood after all that.....even if nothing comes of it? And in addition, he'll have to answer the "yellow form" differently if he's forced to endure a pysche exam.

The facts about this event are pretty darned discouraging for sure. How it got to the point where he was laid off and someone actually notified the authorities about him scares the crap out of me.

Rome

WOW, more of this guy's rights were violated than I knew even existed. WTF happened to freedom of speech and innocent until proven guilty?
So now if they think you might be upset and you own a gun, they will assemble a swat team, evac the neighborhood, and storm your house in the middle of the night?
That's like purposely waking the neighbors just to embarrass the s**t out of you. They couldn't have maybe tailed him and pulled him over for a traffic stop, and just avoided the whole swat team crap?

Seems like they have effectively F'd up his life.

Seems like they have effectively F'd up his life.

Very good point. I imagine most of the people who know him think he's a complete wackjob after hearing this... I would love to see this guy sue the Medford police for mental anguish, WIN, and then go out and buy more guns. I wonder if this whole ordeal is on his record now...

Guys, did you read the link that I posted?

But it also seems like there was a restraining order violation involved, and not just some JBT's kicking in doors.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=12116140

It says in part:

The father called police and John Pyle refused to come out of the house. After David Pyle told police there were several guns inside the home, the SWAT team was called out.

This seems like a case of bad reporting by the media, surprise surprise.

Am I the only one that thinks that there is more to this story. Like your on admin leave from work? Hmm. I bet most peoples tune would be different if they had to clean up after a shooter or if these were involved in one. Now if all the guy did was buy some guns. then way over reacting but I doubt that the whole story but if they stopped a guy from going on a rampage then it is worth it but then again I get to read about the nice things people do to each other everyday and I dont believe in absolutes.

Back
Top Bottom