• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Being "Disgruntled" + Buying Guns = Early Morning Visit from Swat

If this was a result of monitoring, I'm actually surprised these organizations had the wherewithall to pull this off in a timely fashion.

The government can't seem to stop a muslim from boarding a plane with a bomb in his pants, after paying CASH for a one way ticket, but they are apparently completely on top of the 'disgruntled citizen' problem.

+1. I know if you buy more than one handgun at a time you get put on the FBI watch list that goes right to your town PD. Happened to one of my buddies, he bought two pistols at one time and his friend from the local PD called him to tell him he was on the list.

Well, it's not really a watch list, per se... What happens is an MHP form gets filed... one copy goes to BATFE, and one copy goes to a state or locall PD is... not sure how that pans out in MA... it might be the local PD where the shop is, or it might be MSP... my guess is it's probably MSP.

-Mike

If this was a result of monitoring, I'm actually surprised these organizations had the wherewithall to pull this off in a timely fashion.

The government can't seem to stop a muslim from boarding a plane with a bomb in his pants, after paying CASH for a one way ticket, but they are apparently completely on top of the 'disgruntled citizen' problem.

Different governments involved. I have no doubt that various state and local governments are more efficient at whatever they do than the TSA is... that's not exactly a high bar to reach/pass.... [laugh]

-Mike

If this guy was really disgruntled and planning on doing something at his job the police probably wouldn't have so easily talked him out of the house and a fire fight likely would have ensued. If he wasn't disgruntled before I bet he is now.

People do strange things when they get fired or laid off. I know a guy that got laid off and then he went out and bought a BMW Z3. [laugh]

-Mike

Mike... I hope you went right over to his house and took the Z3 away from him and kept it in protective custody...

Mike... I hope you went right over to his house and took the Z3 away from him and kept it in protective custody...

i sure hope that it had a manual transmission, what civilian needs a fully automatic transmission or assault transmission in their vehicles? doesn't the military use those in their war vehicles?

My guess is there is more to this than reported....like he was mouthing off publicly to employees about being disgruntled...and maybe said something threatening....

However, it is still a case of guilty til proven innocent.....and pretty much BS.

I tend to agree.

Boy, if he was disgruntled about being laid off, then I guess having the police raid his house, seize his guns, and throw him in the nuthouse when he had committed no crime is sure to cheer him right on up!

Boy, if he was disgruntled about being laid off, then I guess having the police raid his house, seize his guns, and throw him in the nuthouse when he had committed no crime is sure to cheer him right on up!

Like Reagan said "You never want to hear "Hi we're from the government and we're here to "help" [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Well, it's not really a watch list, per se... What happens is an MHP form gets filed... one copy goes to BATFE, and one copy goes to a state or locall PD is... not sure how that pans out in MA... it might be the local PD where the shop is, or it might be MSP... my guess is it's probably MSP.

-Mike

Whatever the deal is, I don't buy two at a time for that reason......not looking for that type of "special treatment"

Wow, the authorities have finally crossed the line. If I had a horrible week at work, an afternoon at the range with an AK-47 sounds like a great stress reliever. I wonder just how "disgruntled" this man is now!

That's what I was thinking. Maybe this guy figured since he was going to have some free time on his hands he would get a few of those toys he always wanted but never figured he would have the time to play around with. The ranges are much more available 9-5 Mon-Friday.

Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly and he has his property returned.

Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly and he has his property returned.
Just about zero chance of that... There are now lots of asses to cover after trampling on this guys civil rights. They will need to demonstrate that they "kept us safe" and slap this guy with an brief involuntary commitment sufficient to establish "prohibited person."

This is disgusting. Maybe the guy is nuts, but he like the rest of us deserve due process of law.

In Ma. I think they'd just need his former employer to say " he's scary " and pop out a 209a.
Seize everything , declare him " unfit" and drop him off at the hospital for evaluation because he was Visibly Upset at the normal workings of Law Enforcement.

Nothing to see here , move along people.

Oh , btw. I love our LEO's. You guys are the best. I'm fully gruntled , Big Blue Football Rules !

Only if the former employer was a family member or they were in a dating relationship.
See, they have "closed a loophole"... [sad2]

Now without any due process whatsoever, anyone can be detained on the say so of anyone who does not like them...

As I said, I don't care if this guy was nuts - he has rights and they were violated...

Has anyone ever been "gruntled?"

We always hear about people being disgruntled but never about them being gruntled in the first place.

Being "gruntled" sounds like you're dealing with some sort of gastrointestinal problem.

"I ate a whole basket of hot wings last night for dinner...ended up being gruntled the rest of the night."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gruntle

Main Entry: grun·tle
Pronunciation: \ˈgrən-təl\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): grun·tled; grun·tling \ˈgrənt-liŋ, ˈgrən-təl-iŋ\
Etymology: back-formation from disgruntle
Date: 1926

: to put in a good humor <were gruntled with a good meal and good conversation — W. P. Webb>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whelm

Main Entry: whelm
Pronunciation: \ˈhwelm, ˈwelm\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English
Date: 14th century

transitive verb 1 : to turn (as a dish or vessel) upside down usually to cover something : cover or engulf completely with usually disastrous effect
2 : to overcome in thought or feeling : overwhelm <whelmed with a rush of joy — G. A. Wagner>intransitive verb : to pass or go over something so as to bury or submerge it

Just waiting for the 4473 to add a new question: "Have you ever lost your job, been placed on leave, have or had differences of opinion with any coworkers (current and previous)?"

weapons seized. no criminal charges. whisked away for mental health evaluation because he was "disgruntled" at work. wtf?

I guess they are taking lessons from Stalin. That was one of his favorite tricks.. to declare someone "insane" (because you would have to be to not go along with the state, no?) and send them to the Gulag.

/\/\ Guilty of what though? Being disgruntled isn't a crime...and even if you are, talking about it isn't a crime either.

Thoughtcrime? Scaring the herd?

Scary stuff. It's like the Manchester-by-the-sea guy all over again.
Exactly. Declare someone whom is not of the norm "crazy", "hope they get the help they need", and then take their property and ruin their lives. THAT will teach others not to scare the herd...

(Speaking of, has anyone heard an update on him?)

They're lucky they didn't manage to turn this into a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It almost seems like that is what they are pressing for. Keep doing this to folks that won't fight back and sooner or later someone whom won't play along will will notice the pattern beat them to the draw. Scary stuff, I hope that never happens.

Back
Top Bottom