Being a cop showed me just how racist and violent the police are

Pretty revealing...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...e-racist-and-violent-and-theres-only-one-fix/

The problem is that cops aren’t held accountable for their actions, and they know it. These officers violate rights with impunity. They know there’s a different criminal justice system for civilians and police.

Even when officers get caught, they know they’ll be investigated by their friends, and put on paid leave. My colleagues would laughingly refer to this as a free vacation. It isn’t a punishment. And excessive force is almost always deemed acceptable in our courts and among our grand juries. Prosecutors are tight with law enforcement, and share the same values and ideas.

Very nice and transparent...

humans are a violent species, throw into it a job that gives you authority over other humans, that you just need to apply for and you literally have a field that attracts SOME people who are attracted to the thought of having power and authority over others along with the chance to use physical violence to those who do not obey

weird that some issues arrive from this scenario

That's one mans story, to paint all law enforcement with the same brush is no different then when People claim all gun owners are dangerous and crazy.

I think there's one thing we can all agree on, whether we're black, white, yellow, red, or purple, and it's been a common subject in many threads here and on other sites, and it's that there really is very little accountability when the police screw up, or abuse their "authority."

When only the police police the police, the police aren't policed.

I think there's one thing we can all agree on, whether we're black, white, yellow, red, or purple, and it's been a common subject in many threads here and on other sites, and it's that there really is very little accountability when the police screw up, or abuse their "authority."

When only the police police the police, the police aren't policed.

the state police said they would launch an unbiased investigation into the state police use of pepper spray on a protester last week

no conflict of interest there...

That's one mans story, to paint all law enforcement with the same brush is no different then when People claim all gun owners are dangerous and crazy.

Actually it is different - police must be held to higher standard of behavior because of the nature of their job.

Police are charged with the duty to uphold law, to serve and protect. Any officer that helps cover up or even ignores the bad acts of another officer is (in my view) just as guilty as the one that got a freebie from a whore, shot a homeless man camping or any of the myriad of similar abuses that happen each day.

I find it impossible to believe that not one of the countless abuses has ever turned up a bad cop. The very occasional cop that gets fired (and likely re-hired elsewhere) are the only one committing crimes under cover of a badge?

Actually it is different - police must be held to higher standard of behavior because of the nature of their job.

Police are charged with the duty to uphold law, to serve and protect. Any officer that helps cover up or even ignores the bad acts of another officer is (in my view) just as guilty as the one that got a freebie from a whore, shot a homeless man camping or any of the myriad of similar abuses that happen each day.

I find it impossible to believe that not one of the countless abuses has ever turned up a bad cop. The very occasional cop that gets fired (and likely re-hired elsewhere) are the only one committing crimes under cover of a badge?

No its the same, it classifying everyone in a particular group because of the actions of a few. One could argue we as gun owners should be held to a higher standard then the average citizen because we choose to evoke our right to own and carry a firearm. If we exercise this right without due caution and common sense the potential is there for injury or death.

No its the same, it classifying everyone in a particular group because of the actions of a few. One could argue we as gun owners should be held to a higher standard then the average citizen because we choose to evoke our right to own and carry a firearm. If we exercise this right without due caution and common sense the potential is there for injury or death.

Police are often given a pass on bad behavior. Current LEO's on this very form will (in extreme cases) even acknowledge that.

They are in effect held to a lower standard of behavior than an average citizen.

If you're going to enforce the law, you should be the most scrupulous observers of the law. Tolerating your fellow officer's bad acts violates that principle.

Police are often given a pass on bad behavior. Current LEO's on this very form will (in extreme cases) even acknowledge that.

They are in effect held to a lower standard of behavior than an average citizen.

If you're going to enforce the law, you should be the most scrupulous observers of the law. Tolerating your fellow officer's bad acts violates that principle.

I agree, but remember not every officer is pulling this shit or looking the other way. In regards to the lower standard, the standard is fairly low for everyone. In Ma you have to work very hard to be convicted of a crime and actually go to jail. its an eye opening experience to go and sit at your local District court and see how many people get charged with crimes, and how many cases are dismissed or the persons put on probation etc. The majority of these folks are frequent flyers within the court system. Ma is a liberal state and liberals don't like to put folks in jail. YMMV

Last edited:
I hate to nitpick...but on second thought this might even be part of the problem..."They know there’s a different criminal justice system for civilians and police."..

Police ARE civilians.

Not anymore. In some cities, the police are more militarized than the U.S. Army.

I agree, but remember not every officer is pulling this shit or looking the other way.

Maybe there are some cops who aren't seeing the bad behavior of other cops, but in most cases even cops that want to speak up end up looking the other way simply because those who do speak up typically end up getting shunned or even fired for doing so.

Maybe there are some cops who aren't seeing the bad behavior of other cops, but in most cases even cops that want to speak up end up looking the other way simply because those who do speak up typically end up getting shunned or even fired for doing so.

Yep, it's called the "thin blue line", and it's not just an urban legend as some here seem to be saying. They may not condone transgressions, but they certainly aren't going to rat out a fellow officer either...

Not anymore. In some cities, the police are more militarized than the U.S. Army.

that's part of my point. this shit needs to stop. Unless they're military police, they're civilians. And they need to be reminded of this. A good way to start would be to stop giving them all this military style equipment.

that's part of my point. this shit needs to stop. Unless they're military police, they're civilians. And they need to be reminded of this. A good way to start would be to stop giving them all this military style equipment.

But... without all that stuff, the terrorists win! It's For The Children™, and you're a racist.

The problem is that there are too damn many laws. The politicians and those that want big govt to solve all of their problems no matter how insignificant are the real problem here.

its not a free vacation when your waiting to see if your going to be indicted by a grand jury or your going to be found liable in a civil suit thats for sure

This. The statement that the more laws there are the more corrupt the state holds true.

The problem is that there are too damn many laws. The politicians and those that want big govt to solve all of their problems no matter how insignificant are the real problem here.

its not a free vacation when your waiting to see if your going to be indicted by a grand jury or your going to be found liable in a civil suit thats for sure
They all know damn well they're not AND I somehow doubt they give a microshit about how much the taxpayers property tax goes up to cover whatever F-up they pulled that particular day.

Considering they hardly seem to be indicted and the civil suits are generally paid by tax payers it's definitely close to as vacation than any of the normal citizens would experience.

If anyone disagrees that police are treated as a higher class than common civilians then they simply aren't paying attention

Back
Top Bottom