Beer-toting customer shot at robbery suspect 7 times

Apparently he doesn’t view a marriage as a relationship of mutual respect and happiness.

Why not? Ordinary man stepping up and protecting a fellow resident in need.
Well, apparently I do because my marriage has lasted 43 years to the same woman. [smile][thumbsup]

Zimmerman was playing mall cop in his neighborhood and had no legal right to question the man he ended up killing.
He had every right to question a stranger in his neighborhood, and Obama's son had every right to ignore him and keep walking, unfortunately he decided to get into a dick measuring contest with a guy with a small dick, and still lost.

If a Cop had done what he did by following the guy around and detaining him without probable cause, we would be screaming section 1983 Federal lawsuit for 4th amendment violations.
"if" if if if.... if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle, that's what "if" is worth in this discussion.

Rittenhouse wanted to play real life "Call Of Duty: Civil Unrest Edition". He had no skin in the game, he had no reason to be there outside to play FAFO.
His father lived in that city, he worked in that city, keep getting your info from NPR and ignore the ACTUAL FACTS in the case.

For every David Hogg they have we need 10 faces that can be put out there as normal law abiding citizens who thru no fault of their own were confronted with the threat of severe injury or death, either to themselves or someone in close proximity, and used a firearm to stop the threat.
you just pissed on two normal law abiding citizens in your post.... you sound kinda Cuk-y, you sure you're on the right forum? isn't there some Moms Demand forum you could be "me too"ing on?

I am on the right forum TYVM

When you work with the public, when you are trying to convince people to change their mind, the first thing you do is not make it a personal attack, the second thing you do when presenting your argument is have your spokespeople and high ups in the organization come across as likeable.

Why do some people have a bad feeling about the NRA right now?

It is because of Wayne LaPierre and his antics.

If you are going to start yet another organization to fight the erosion of 2A rights, IMHO you want the people who face the public to be squeaky clean and not have their past detracting from the cause.

It is very easy for the Anti's to parade around any number of victims, alleged victims, surviving family of victims, etc etc etc.

To the general public, the parent of a child killed at Parkland or Sandy Hook is someone who is not going to be questioned.

They are considered victims.

So now a group wants to try to counteract that persons influence, a 2A rights organization is created,

You have to have someone at the forefront of the movement, who is going to be going holding the press conferences, showing up at the aftermath of a mass shooting or being who the media calls for a sound bite.

You want that person to be squeaky clean, you don't want that person to become part of the story because of their past.

You want someone like Elisjsha Dicken, he could be the effn poster boy for why 2A rights are important

i'm not going to read any further because you're making a huge assumption here, right off the bat.

you're wrong, period, full stop. i am not trying to, nor am i obliged to try and convince you of anything.
Or anyone else for that matter.

Your or my rights don't come from government, nor the court of public opinion.

Your range allows alcoholic beverages on the firing line?
The stage* could be a non-alcoholic beer, Yoo-Hoo 4pack, or just another hand encumbered by an odd 5lbs you did not want to drop during a multi-shot engagement. We all know it's unlikely any firearms club allows drinking*(alcohol) on its targeting locations / shrug /

Yea, I got a feeling that this sort or tactical awareness might be frowned upon in states like MA.

Agree.

But it isn't the laws that are the problem, it's the way the people of the state are so crushed with the idea of normal thinking.

I was once in a toy store, and the woman was asking the cashier if it was legal to buy a toy truck for a 4 year old when the box says ages 5 and up. And the cashier said he was pretty sure it was illegal! These are the people that are on your juries! This is the reason the state is so fudged.

I went to visit family in Mass a while back. I didn't bring a switchblade, instead I just wore my trusty Buck 110 on my belt. My sister was worried the whole time that I was going to get in trouble for it. I was in her house. I wasn't planning on spending my time doing hood rat shit and attracting police attention. And it's a stupid lock back knife! But she was sure I was breaking at least two laws. Even if I was - who's going to know? A middle age, middle class, fat white guy doesn't tend to generate police attention beyond a nod. That may be a different style of racial profiling, but it works for me.

I'm sure a jury in this case would think that carrying beer and a firearm would violate the "under the influence" law that actually is on the books. This guy would be screwed not because of the law, but because the idiots on the jury wouldn't think of thinking outside the box and applying common sense, instead, they'd go along with whatever the prosecutor said.

Back
Top Bottom