Beautiful Weld by Pullman Arms

Mountain

NES Member
Giving credit where it's due. Absolutely gorgeous weld job by Pullman Arms in Worcester. For a job like mine, one can really see the advantage of their connection to Micro Arc.

For my AR-6.5 Creedmoor build, I dropped off my 20" Ballistic Advantage barrel for 'neutering', aka permanently attaching the Lilja thread protector. I wanted to keep the barrel legal for shooting the the AR-Tactical class, so a muzzle brake was verboten and of course in the PRM a flash hider could get me a room with bars. my only parameter was that I wanted to keep a flush surface so that a low profile, one-piece gas block could be installed or removed at will. Result was really nice:

Pullman Weld.jpg

A small chamfer was made (their good suggestion) to keep the weld below the OD and maintain the clearance I required. Even with high end equipment, a weld that sharp takes skills and deserves kudos.

Yep, it shows that it is in their wheelhouse. I been around metal working most of my life and welders of various types and technologies. Not to difficult to make a good weld then polish and/or blast finish to cover the repair. I'm just impressed how nice it looks without any polishing whatsoever. I'll need a loupe to figure out where the start/stop point is.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big manufacturing process geek...

Careful that fluted cover is not very tactical.....[wink]. Nice do they do aluminum also? I have aluminium? I assume .
Op rod on a erma22lr M1 carbine that needs repair.

Careful that fluted cover is not very tactical.....[wink]. Nice do they do aluminum also? I have aluminium? I assume .
Op rod on a erma22lr M1 carbine that needs repair.

Paint it tactical black? [grin] Need to see what it looks like when the rifle is complete and at that point I might either bead blast the cover to match the barrel, or possibly coat it. In the end, it's a consumable so I may just leave it alone. Barrel life for 6.5 CM isn't as bad as 6 CM, but nowhere near as long as for .308. Lilja was the only place I could find a stock .875" diameter cover with the AR-308 5/8-24 threads.

Maybe finish the AR-Creedmoor today- can't shoot much but I can still build. The 'boss' is after me to get the old Land Rover brakes replaced. PITA complicated hub assembly just to get to the rotors plus very slow with only one arm working. She's merciless, I tell ya...

:probably they can weld aluminum. They do both micro laser and micro TIG. IIRC, both can do aluminum. Micro Arc Welding, 508-852-6125. Seems like 22LR wouldn't be too violent on the op rod.

Paint it tactical black? [grin] Need to see what it looks like when the rifle is complete and at that point I might either bead blast the cover to match the barrel, or possibly coat it. In the end, it's a consumable so I may just leave it alone. Barrel life for 6.5 CM isn't as bad as 6 CM, but nowhere near as long as for .308. Lilja was the only place I could find a stock .875" diameter cover with the AR-308 5/8-24 threads.

Maybe finish the AR-Creedmoor today- can't shoot much but I can still build. The 'boss' is after me to get the old Land Rover brakes replaced. PITA complicated hub assembly just to get to the rotors plus very slow with only one arm working. She's merciless, I tell ya...

:probably they can weld aluminum. They do both micro laser and micro TIG. IIRC, both can do aluminum. Micro Arc Welding, 508-852-6125. Seems like 22LR wouldn't be too violent on the op rod.
crap metal on a high wear area...basically the retaining nub.

who actually did the work? The owner? I had a worker there do crazy shit work on my AK and never been back. Owner did say he would fix but didn't go back(old story)

who actually did the work? The owner? I had a worker there do crazy shit work on my AK and never been back. Owner did say he would fix but didn't go back(old story)

Don't recall the name but I did discuss on the phone with him. Seemed pretty experienced. This is the 3rd or 4th job they have done for me- all have been very good, even one pin and weld job by a new guy. Sorry that yours did not work out.

Giving credit where it's due. Absolutely gorgeous weld job by Pullman Arms in Worcester. For a job like mine, one can really see the advantage of their connection to Micro Arc.

For my AR-6.5 Creedmoor build, I dropped off my 20" Ballistic Advantage barrel for 'neutering', aka permanently attaching the Lilja thread protector. I wanted to keep the barrel legal for shooting the the AR-Tactical class, so a muzzle brake was verboten and of course in the PRM a flash hider could get me a room with bars. my only parameter was that I wanted to keep a flush surface so that a low profile, one-piece gas block could be installed or removed at will. Result was really nice:

View attachment 169466

A small chamfer was made (their good suggestion) to keep the weld below the OD and maintain the clearance I required. Even with high end equipment, a weld that sharp takes skills and deserves kudos.

Thank you for the shout out! We appreciate your loyalty! Have a great weekend.

Back
Top Bottom