Be Prepared For The Unexpected

I lost a friend last Wednesday. It was his 83rd birthday and he went deer hunting in the afternoon by himself. He loved hunting.

When he hadn't returned home by 8:00PM his family notified the authorities. Local police, State Police, Plymouth County Sheriff's

Dept., and Environmental Police launched a big search for him. His body was found at approximately 11:30PM by canine units.

I was told that he had become trapped in muck and tangled in thorny vines. He was within 300 yards of the road.

I have a camouflage fanny pack (sorry all you mucho-macho manly men) in which I carry a folding saw, pruning shears, three

knives, paracord, firemaking materials, radio, cell phone, GPS, nitroglycerine pills, etc. I wish Frank had been carrying the same.

Maybe it would have made a difference, maybe not. Really sad over this. Good guy gone. [sad2]

I heard about this last week, very sad. Your friend hunted the same woods as I did last season. It was too populated for my liking, I'm shocked he wasn't found sooner.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Last edited:
RIP. I feel for his family.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Sorry for your loss, it happed not too far from me, and I was up at my club when we got notified that someone was lost in the woods not too far away, alot of members from holbrook hunt that area and were sad to hear that he had passed. we were all hoping that he would be found ok that night.

Back
Top Bottom