Be careful with M1 Garand stock markings.

Been through the arsenal one, couple , few times. Could end up with any stock on it.
My first cmp M1 was a winchester with a HRA stock.
Few years later I picked up. 1942 field grade SA which came with a beat up winchester GHD stock. I did not see the stamps myself until I brought it to a friend to look at . He spotted them so, so faint and really not even stamped into the wood anymore.
I later sold that stock to someone who really wanted it for their
Been through the arsenal one, couple , few times. Could end up with any stock on it.
My first cmp M1 was a winchester with a HRA stock.
Few years later I picked up. 1942 field grade SA which came with a beat up winchester GHD stock. I did not see the stamps myself until I brought it to a friend to look at . He spotted them so, so faint and really not even stamped into the wood anymore.
I later sold that stock to someone who really wanted it for their win
My HRA, mostly original?, Sits in my GAW cartouched stock...

Nick, compare the thickness of the two outer rings of your canon stamp to the others shown.
The distance from the inner ring and the outer ring.
(The one in the classifieds has more space between the two rings.)
Then look at the pic of the one posted in the classifieds.
Yours is more like the known real cartouches and how much different his cannon cartouche looks...

Last edited:
OK I had an expert look at it and he confirms its a fake.

The top of the A is clearly different between the two. And the ordnance wheel also has slight differences.

BUT remember, that doesn't mean the seller faked it or even knows it is fake!

OK I had an expert look at it and he confirms its a fake.

The top of the A is clearly different between the two. And the ordnance wheel also has slight differences.

BUT remember, that doesn't mean the seller faked it or even knows it is fake!
right, I bought a M1 carbine that the seller had no clue what it was. he kept calling it a inland. When I went to look at it it was a universal. His price was not to far off for what universals where going for. I was hoping for at least a very early Universal with GI parts. I passed on the sale . showed him some info and when I bumped into him years later he said he sold it shortly after and got his asking price.

Back
Top Bottom