Bass Pro Ammo Availability

Agreed we have derailed this thread... but I need to answer you ... PLEASE READ the post.. I said BULLETS for reloading ... not AMMUNITION. I even used the word PROJECTILES for those who do not understand difference between bullets and ammunition.

There's much better companies/sites with better pricing on projectiles than BP anyway.

Funny you mention that. I'm picking up a Ruger Alaskan 454 Monday or Tuesday and need ammo until I collect enough shells to reload them. Unfortunately, I've been to BP many times and have never seen any 454 Casull. They have the most stock I've seen in a long time though so it's possible. I'll call someone I know there and ask tomorrow.

I agree that I haven't seen .454 Casull but yesterday around 4pm, I stopped in and saw 2 Hornady boxes of .454 Casull. I was looking for some .460 S&W and saw them. I bought them both but maybe it will be something that they periodically get? It was located in the pistol aisle, lowest shelf, in the middle near the shotgun cartridges.

The only other place that I have seen .454 Casull was Bullseye in Woonsocket.

In my opinion we should be boycotting BassPro. There is no law against shipping ammunition or ammunition components to MA however most retailers refuse to do so. The only justification that they can possibly have is that the MA AG has stated that ammunition can only be sold by a retailer that has a license to sell ammunition with a retail location located in MA. Regardless of whether the AG has the legal authority to make that statement the fact is that BassPro has such a licensed facility in Foxboro MA and could mail ammunition to us if they chose to do so.

THey choose not to.

Agreed we have derailed this thread... but I need to answer you ... PLEASE READ the post.. I said BULLETS for reloading ... not AMMUNITION. I even used the word PROJECTILES for those who do not understand difference between bullets and ammunition.

You said ammunition - that's what I've been talking about the whole time. I see you were talking about bullets later on - and why would a FFL accept bullets? Because they know this state sucks? I don't know. I've never ordered reloading components or asked a FFL to do so - but I'm sure if the vendor was adamant about it, you could find a FFL to accept it. I had a FFL accept a trigger spring - cause it came in the same box as a lower.

Last edited:
Bass pro Foxborough today 50 100 round boxes of winchester 22lr 40 grain for $9.49 ea. Lots of .45 and jet about everything else. Also 10 1 pound cans of reloader 15 @34.50 ea.

Last edited:
I was there yesterday and forgot to post when I got back home. They had 3 boxes of .454 Casull made by Hornady. It has 20 rounds for $33.

Grabbed two today,

they had powder...wasn't somebody here looking for "enduron"? they had some and a fair amount of new brass, they are carrying Starline now. Still 2 boxes of 32 Win spl sitting on the shelf. But alas the shooting gods are conspiring against me in my search for 35 Remington compnents or ammo....

Last edited:
Grabbed two today,

they had powder...wasn't somebody here looking for "enduron"? they had some and a fair amount of new brass, they are carrying Starline now. Still 2 boxes of 32 Win spl sitting on the shelf. But alas the shooting gods are conspiring against me in my search for 35 Remington compnents or ammo....

That really is hard to find. I could only find one gunbroker auction for 35 Remington brass.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=475557711

That really is hard to find. I could only find one gunbroker auction for 35 Remington brass.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=475557711

Too bad...I recently sold all of my .35 Remington reloads to a fella across state. He took my newly acquired box of Winchester Silvertip bullets and some empties, too. They are out there, but they definitely aren't very common.
As a matter of fact, I just cast a few Lyman 358315 this afternoon...

Over the weekend Bass pro had plenty of Winchester Super X 22 LR 100 round packs. I thought it was kinda odd that the stuff is a 37 grain bullet rather than the standard 36 or 40 i see for everything else.

Bumping this thread because BP was unpacking a couple cases of CCI Blazer 22LR on the counter when I was there around noon. No limit and I was nice enough to leave some for the rest of you.[wink] $25/500 rds. Hopefully some left.

8:30 PM Tonight.

Plenty of Winchester Super X 100 sleeves and Eley Target 22LR ($11.45) About 20 boxes of CCI standard velocity at $4.49 for 50 pack.

Also a good selection of IMR, Hogdon, and Alliant Powder. No Bullseye or Titegroup but 1 lb jars of Power Pistol, WSF, Reloder, and CFE 223.

8:30 PM Tonight.

Plenty of Winchester Super X 100 sleeves and Eley Target 22LR ($11.45) About 20 boxes of CCI standard velocity at $4.49 for 50 pack.

Also a good selection of IMR, Hogdon, and Alliant Powder. No Bullseye or Titegroup but 1 lb jars of Power Pistol, WSF, Reloder, and CFE 223.

For those of you who shoot SR22's or similar, be careful which one of the SuperX you select. They go from 1280 up to 1330. I called Ruger about CCI Stingers once and they said it's considered Hyper Velocity and will dramatically reduce the life of your barrel. It's a rifle round. They said don't go over 1300.

On the powder, they definitely have more than they used to have but they charge $10 per 1lb. bottle more than the place in RI. I even showed the manager pictures of the price tags on the bottles I bought in RI just to show him how far off they are. I understand big box has to have a higher markup to keep the doors open but I told him $10 per lb. extra is a non-starter for every reloader except the desperate or the uninformed. I'd pay a couple extra bucks if I didn't feel like driving down to RI but $10 ain't happening. He doesn't price them so there's nothing he can do and they will sit there.

025b302a902e5b3a103c06e599348c5e.jpg

No limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same goes for the Bridgeport, CT store. Powders and primers are higher than most every place. If BPS takes over CAB, perhaps their prices will go up, too.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...4961&SST=2c789afa-6b53-4cf1-8478-d33de5adc946
Basspro prices are not the best however saying that the powders are $10 more than anywhere is a little suspect. I paid $28.89 for 1lb of IMR 4064. If you have someplace that I can get it for $18.89 lb I'd love to hear about it.

Seriously it's $23lb at Powder Valley with a $28 hazmat fee and $12 shipping so even if you bought 10LBS it would average out to $26 lb. And somebody in RI has it for $19?

Last edited:
I was at Bass Pro last night (2/14) and all the Mini Mags were gone. They did have some Winchester Super X (100 round boxes), and a bunch of Federal Automatch left. I bought 2 boxes of the Federal to try. Might be time to buy a .17 HMR rifle as they always have that in stock!

As of 10am this morning, Foxboro still had at least 25 boxes of the 325rnd automatch for $20.

Was there this afternoon on my lunch break, needed some 44 special brass quick and they had it. Rifle ammo and components were pretty well stocked. They had a fair amount of 35 Remington and 32 Win spl, I mention those two because they seem to get harder to find these days. They had a some other calibers that I haven't seen there before, 338 Lapua and 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.8 spc. As for pricing all I can say is the 35 Rem was $31 and change a box.

They had a fair amount of 35 Remington and 32 Win spl, I mention those two because they seem to get harder to find these days. They had a some other calibers that I haven't seen there before, 338 Lapua and 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.8 spc. As for pricing all I can say is the 35 Rem was $31 and change a box.

Just loaded up some .35 Remington. It is rather rare these days, for sure...

Since people are commenting on it just want to say that I was there today at noon. THey were putting A LOT of ammo out in the cases

THey are also heavily stocked with 22LR.

Golden "bucket of bullets" 1400 count $89.99. THey had over 50 buckets. Bricks of Thunderbolt $39.99 THey had at least 20-30 bricks. THey also had Winchester SuperX plastic sleeves (100 count) for $9.99 and they had an entire half case on the end cap full. I'd guess 300-400 sleeves plus another 30-40 in the regular case.. Also some 50 count boxes of Federal "match" (lol) and CCI SV. (not a lot of those maybe 15-20 boxes of each). I think they were $4.79.

Back
Top Bottom