• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Basic Hunter Education

I have been trying to get into the Basic Hunter Education course, however the second the schedule is up they are all full or a hundred miles away.

Does anyone know another place to take this course? Would the instructors do a private course over two days or something like that? I wanted to get out hunting next year and need to get this taken care of, been trying since the fall classes.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dan

Do you have to sign up annually for notification? I signed up in the fall and received one post card for a course that I was unable to make due to work. I haven't received any notices since.

While I'm not aware of the ins/outs of how the DFW runs this, I'd sign up again. I received two notices within a few months, then none.

I did sign-up to receive the postcards and got nothing.

After signing up online I called the Wildlife office and spoke with someone to make sure that everything was all set. I would be willing to travel to a weekend course, however I can't get anywhere by 6pm during the week thats more than 20 mins away (thats with traffic).

Thanks. I just signed up again. I can't believe there was a course at Agawam that's already full. That's my club and I never even heard that there would be a course there [crying].

If a club is full call and ask anyway. They used to turn no one away when classes were full. I think they'll put as many bodies in there as they can fit. we had 50+ people in my class in a room that was no larger than 12' x 25'.

The one at Danvers F&G filled up about 2 weeks after I got the notice (I was out of town) and they closed it when they got 10 on the waiting list.

Reading has one every starting 3/4/2010 and running every Thurs pm for 6 weeks. It's not public knowledge yet, but there will be one starting in April in N. Andover.

Give the DF&W Hunter Education program a call and ask. (978-772-0693) That's how I found out about the N. Andover one before being publicly announced.

Back
Top Bottom