Band Of Brothers coming to R.I.

salesman

NES Member
Hope this is not a dupe....thought you all would be interested.

Band of Brothers members, actors coming to R.I.

01:00 AM EDT on Monday, October 4, 2010

The famous Band of Brothers of World War II and the actors who played them on television will participate in a panel discussion on Nov. 12 at Veterans Memorial Auditorium from 7 to 9 p.m.

The discussion will be hosted by former Red Sox pitching star Curt Schilling.

The soldiers, the members of Easy Company, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne, were made legendary in a book by historian Stephen Ambrose and the HBO series produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.

Tickets for the event are on sale at the VMA box office at prices ranging from $20 to $32.50 or they can be bought online at http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=VMAL&pid=6865777.

The discussion is a fundraiser for an upcoming documentary on World W

it would be better if they ditched the actors and its a shame that shifty powers died last year he seemed like an interesting fellow.

My grandfather died 26 years ago. Was in the company. I would have loved to go. Would have been awesome to see if one of them knew him.

Anyone have ww2 pickups too? Collections? I have rings, flags, pins, pictures, etc of his. I love this stuff

Last edited:
There was a huge slideshow beforehand with lots of old photos of the men. The whole night was an amazing experience. Babe Heffron was incredible, when he spoke of Bastogne, the whole place went dead silent

There was a huge slideshow beforehand with lots of old photos of the men. The whole night was an amazing experience. Babe Heffron was incredible, when he spoke of Bastogne, the whole place went dead silent

It was a great experience. I was lucky enough to have had front row seats last night. Babe Heffron is an amazing man, and quite the character. I'm so happy I got to see him, Ed Tipper, and Al Mampre while they are still alive. I was hoping Bill Guarnere was also going to be there. You should read the book "Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends", by Guarnere and Heffron if you haven't yet, great book. A few of the stories Heffron shared last night were in the book in more detail.

I thought one of the more interesting moments was when people were discussing patriotism of kids today and Ed Tipper said things aren't that different because when he himself was in high school, before the war, he didn't appreciate the veterans that came before him either, it wasn't until he went to war that he appreciated the sacrifices of the men before him.

Back
Top Bottom