• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bahamas: Armed Militias Stop Looting, Killing

One issue with your whole idea is they actually aren’t impacted by severe weather very often at all. They might lose power for a few hours here and there, but nothing like this. Last time I recall hearing the Bahamas getting hit by anything substantial was in the mid 90’s. I’m sure this will change some things as far a preparations go.

National Review article about what he was saying here:

Bernie Sanders Blasted for Opposing Home-Rebuilding Aid to Areas Repeatedly Hit by Hurricanes | National Review

Seems extremely reasonable to me. He complains that FEMA only distributes funds if the owner agrees to rebuild on the exact same spot of the disaster. Seems extremely foolish to require people to double down on building in high risks zones. People should be encouraged to consider whether rebuilding somewhere else is a better idea.

National Review article about what he was saying here:

Bernie Sanders Blasted for Opposing Home-Rebuilding Aid to Areas Repeatedly Hit by Hurricanes | National Review

Seems extremely reasonable to me. He complains that FEMA only distributes funds if the owner agrees to rebuild on the exact same spot of the disaster. Seems extremely foolish to require people to double down on building in high risks zones. People should be encouraged to consider whether rebuilding somewhere else is a better idea.
What changed for him in two years?

Or was his statement on PR and the bill that he sponsored in 2017 just a load of garbage to make POTUS look bad?

Back
Top Bottom