• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Awful lot of "were doomed' talk, and nobody doing a thing about it

There are like 11 threads about how we are doomed. ZOMG, how am I going to prepare for the impending ban. Nothing we can do now. Bla bla bla.

I don't know about you guys, but I've already written emails, commented on op eds in local papers, and I plan on calling politicians tomorrow. WE as the gun owning community are the biggest deterrent to this garbage legislation from taking hold. Accepting failure before anything has actually been written up is not going to help.

THIS THREAD is for things that we can do to fight whatever is about to try to provide a very unpleasent surprise to our behinds.

Who should we call? Get emails and phone numbers up here STAT. What can we write (op eds in local papers, etc)...

We need to do everything we can to keep from getting the shit absolutely raped out of us. Stop complaining, start brainstorming, making calls, etc etc.

Mike

I have been holding it in, but a protest is definitely in order come January. I think it won't be a problem to get everyone on board for that, right?

That would be great... I plan on calling a couple local gun shops and asking if I can put flyers up with local reps #s. If I had a shop I would MAKE people call their rep before I did a transfer, especially now with all the panic buying. People always say they'll call or write and never get around to it. Obviously some of our politicians are completely scumbags and even if they have a 5:1 ration of pro gun calls will still back any legislation. But some are on the fence, and some will listen. We need EVERYONE we can get now. Call your friends, MAKE SURE they call and get the word spread. If we lose out on this one, it is our fault.

Also, what the hell is the point of not having a ban if within 2 weeks of shit going down another one pops right back up? Grow some balls guys, make some noise.

Mike

Trust me brother. I worked at the Mass state house for more then a few years and it does not matter what you say for the most part. They will vote whichever way gets them votes/money/or a higher posting with the Gov. Just a sad fact of our government as a whole. The voice of the people use to mean something back in the 18-1900 but not these days! Just like a Ban will go into effect if they can beg or buy the votes.

I like you plan on doing my part tomorrow morning and will continue.

We need a charge coming out of the southern and western states to put this thing behind us, those are the battle grounds and have they can have the most impact. One can only have so much impact here in MA but doesn't me we shouldn't try.

I wasted my time writing letters and calling people for a few years. Shit still got worse.

Politicians will never act in a way that reduces the size or tyranny of government. Period. The Founders gave you 2A to respond when it gets too big. Read history. You can either rebel or become more of a slave. There is not a third choice.

Last edited:
Well work harder. Invest your time in calling the moderates. Reach out to the public. Or just throw in the towel like a bitch. 50% of people reading this won't do a damn thing but bitch about it... and if things pass, they'll bitch more. To you reading this.... YOU DESERVE IT.

Mike

who are the reps and senators most likely to listen to gun owners? and I am referring to reps and senators from every state since ours pretty much suck

This is what the the politicians think:

R3B6d.png

They're wrong.

I turned an anti into pro gun tonight.. Educating ill informed people is the key to this some people just don't want to change an opinion it's those people that you don't save when the .gov is putting there family in reeducation camps.

Much to my surprise, instead of the same old rhetoric from the people I know, I am hearing a slight shift in attitudes- and not necessarily for the worse. The trick is to understand that we will not win an emotional argument, so take the emotion out of it and try avoid arguing with others altogether. Be informative and insightful. More importantly, while others are getting emotional, it's important to remain clear headed and lucid and not turn it into a shouting match.

The world has given us plenty of meaningful statistics to prove that an armed society can certainly be a safe society (i.e. Switzerland), and that areas having some of the strictest forms of gun control are also some of the most violent (Mexico, Brazil, Chicago). What most of these people are making their judgments against are what they've read or seen on TV or in a movie. They have had no real-life, direct experience with guns nor do they understand the depth of knowledge most gun owners possess of the laws surrounding them.

We aren't going to sway the nation by writing to talking heads on major media networks or our Congressman. We need to talk to one another, and most importantly, listen to the other side- no matter how painful it might be. The point is that most people are coming from the same place in wanting to make sure their loved ones are safe, but the trick is to explain it in a logical fashion instead of getting upset at the absurdity of their arguments. Remember, most people's education of guns comes from movies and news stories, not direct firsthand experience. Also, and I'm being honest here, some of the most well-informed, and well respected people I've met are gun owners. I think that says an awful lot in this day and age, where supposed knowledge is everywhere but wisdom is lacking. We're not beaten, this is a great opportunity for those who are uninformed to bring their fears to the light of day and better understand where we are coming from. After all, fear, and not logic, is what has been driving the entire anti-gun agenda from the beginning.

Last edited:
Much to my surprise, instead of the same old rhetoric from the people I know, I am hearing a slight shift in attitudes- and not necessarily for the worse. The trick is to understand that we will not win an emotional argument, so take the emotion out of it and try avoid arguing with others altogether. Be informative and insightful. More importantly, while others are getting emotional, it's important to remain clear headed and lucid and not turn it into a shouting match.
Yes, I think the key is not to bother trying to convince anyone of anything right now. There's not much point. The "conversation" will come soon. Right now it is just crass commercialization of victims by the gun-grabbers.

The OP is right though, we all need to look around and start trying to find concrete ways to make a difference in the days to come. Whether AWB more MA gun laws. My plan is no secret - running for the Board of GOAL and trying to get good people on the ballot. More is better though.

I deleted every antigun poster from my facebook and almost got banned from another non gun forum I am a longtime member of for lighting up the pants-shitters. Most of my friends are either gun nuts or at least 2A friendly and I plan on trying to convince them that they need to get nasty when dealing with gun grabbers. No more polite head nodding when the subject comes up. Rip em' a new one then walk away and break all ties.

These people need to be shunned and know the reason why.

Reactive legislature rebranded as proactive legislation sold while emotions are high from atop these poor kids caskets.

That's it in a nutshell. The same happened here after the Erfurt school shooting back in 2002, which incidentally was
on the same day the new gun law was to be voted on in the Federal House (Bundestag).

I have no problem contacting my state reps to fight any types of bans/legislation but to say I'm discouraged is an understatement. Warren and Kerry will move lock-step with anything Barry proposes and no threat of voting against them will change their mind. My local reps have been useless as well. We will have better luck supporting some of the legislators in the midwest and south but then again, we aren't their constituents so not sure how much that means either.

Im trying, friend - I posted my blog (which I have in another thread), cleaned it up and sent it to several papers - not sure its going to get published given the climate. http://bathsaltsandskittles.blogspot.com/

That said, we have no leadership. The NRA confirmed my accusations of being useless by not saying a ****ing thing, the GOP is silent and anyone who speaks out is shot down, pun intended. Im trying to not sound as if the sky is falling, but we're being looked at like terrorists.

Perhaps an NES meetup is in order - a real one to discuss the matter?

There are like 11 threads about how we are doomed. ZOMG, how am I going to prepare for the impending ban. Nothing we can do now. Bla bla bla.

I don't know about you guys, but I've already written emails, commented on op eds in local papers, and I plan on calling politicians tomorrow. WE as the gun owning community are the biggest deterrent to this garbage legislation from taking hold. Accepting failure before anything has actually been written up is not going to help.

THIS THREAD is for things that we can do to fight whatever is about to try to provide a very unpleasent surprise to our behinds.

Who should we call? Get emails and phone numbers up here STAT. What can we write (op eds in local papers, etc)...

We need to do everything we can to keep from getting the shit absolutely raped out of us. Stop complaining, start brainstorming, making calls, etc etc.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom