• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Average time for Mass to add a firearm to the approved roster?

I read on the ruger website, that they intend to manufacture a MA compliant LCR.

Will the LCR be available for sale in California and/or Massachusetts?

Yes, though we anticipate a short delay while the revolver is submitted to an independent test lab for state-mandated testing. After that, it will depend upon how long the state agencies take to place the LCR on the approved rosters.

I'm just curious if you guys had an idea of the average time it takes to get a new firearm onto the approved roster?

Thanks,

Derek

There is no "average" time. It's whenever the testing is done plus some arbitrary period of time after that. Then there is some interval that EOPS
actually updates the roster in; not sure whether its quarterly or what. The new rosters seem to show up at least once or twice a year.

Then once it gets on the roster it takes anywhere from 24 hours to a year or more to start seeing guns on the shelves based on what the gun is and whether some lawyers for the manufacturer and distributor believe the gun is "AG reg compliant" or not. Some guns never really made it past this
point. (For example, Glocks... )

Since the LCR is a DAO revolver, I'd expect it to be available fairly quickly, once it -actually- gets on the roster.

-Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I hope it gets out fairly quickly, it definitely has my interest.

The time from when a gun hits the market in Free America to when it gets on the EOPS Roster seems to be running at ~2 years. Much of that is determined by the mfr . . . if they submitted for MA and CA testing at the end of the engineering cycle, it could be a great deal shorter time, more like 6 months would be possible.

The AG Regs throw the real monkey wrench into the works. Again it's up to the mfr to certify compliance and this can all be done during the same time period noted above if the mfr is "motivated" to do so.

Listen up:

Divide four by the last digit of the serial number and no matter what you answer is, it's still less than the national debt...pretty cool huh?

Anyway, what are we talking about here? Oh, yeah, it's a Ruger, it'll be in the list in a day or two.

According to MA you can have all the clunky overbuilt revolvers you want. What? You say it's an auto? Why would you want a second auto loader when the M9 is available? Mercy. Some people. [rolleyes] Next thing you know, this guy's going to want chocolate AND vanilla together. Listen buddy this is MA, be happy they let you take you're c@ck home with you every night. Don't you worry about the Ruger, it will be available after I've decided that you've suffered long enough and believe me, I like to watch you want. In fact, the more I strip you of your rights and my costumed goon squad keeps you aware of you subjugation, the better I feel.

Oh, yeah, remember to "rock the vote"

Sincerely

Your elected representatives from the Democratic and Republican wings of The Party.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom