• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attn: New Hampshire's Right to Self Defense

From the NRA:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Hampshire's Right to Self-Defense Needs Your Support, Today!

Please Contact Your State Senator!

Senate Bill 318, sponsored by State Senator Peter E. Bragdon, (R-11, Milford), is expected to be heard Thursday, March 9, in the State Senate. SB 318 simply says if a criminal breaks into your home, your occupied vehicle, or your place of business, you may presume he is there to do bodily harm, and therefore, you may use necessary force against him.

The bill removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a legal right to be and it provides protection from criminal prosecution and civil litigation for those who defend themselves from criminal attack.

It is unreasonable for victims of a crime to have to worry about being arrested

or prosecuted if they use force to defend themselves or their family!

Please contact your Sate Senator at (603) 271-2111 and ask him or her to support your right to self-defense by voting for SB 318!

Please make this call today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a note in my mail about this the other day, but just had it re-affirmed today, and I'm going to be making a few calls. I'd like to see this go through as it is just common sense... My Home, My Familiy.... My Rules.

Carter

Senate passed it, now the house needs to do the same. House is also working on HB1354 which is similar:

HOUSE BILL 1354

AN ACT relative to physical force in defense of a person.

SPONSORS: Rep. Dickinson, Carr 1 ( 70.37%); Rep. Merrow, Carr 3 ( 70.37%); Rep. Bicknell, Rock 1 (Incomplete); Rep. Mirski, Graf 10 ( 77.78%); Sen. Gallus, Dist 1 (No Rating); Sen. Boyce, Dist 4 ( 74.07%); Sen. Roberge, Dist 9 (No Rating)

COMMITTEE: Judiciary

ANALYSIS

This bill:

I. Removes the duty to retreat in the face of an attack.

II. Creates the presumption that an attacker or intruder intends to cause serious bodily injury and permits force, including deadly force, to be used to protect oneself, one's family, and others.

III. Provides that a person using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force and prohibits a perpetrator or a perpetrator's family from suing a victim for injuring or killing the perpetrator.

Come on up. There's room for everyone. If there's one grassroots organization I would advise any NH gun owner to belong to it's Gun Owners of NH. They are fantastic about sending members legislative alerts, giving updates on bills they support and why they support them. 20 bucks a year is cheap money to belong to this organization. I also belong to the NH Firearms Coalition.

Thats great news for you guys in NH
I have been thinking of someday moving south west, but if I have to stay up north it wont be in mass. Nh or vt would work, how are house prices in nh?

Bwaaahahahahaha!

Watching "Close up" on CH. 9 and apparently the reason the bill got by the senate was because Sen. Martel meant to vote against it, but didn't realize he was voting on a motion to kill the bill intead of a bill to pass it. Accordingly, he voted NO, meaning to vote against it but actually wound up voting FOR it.

He tried to get the bill reconsidered so he could change his vote but the senate said no.

That's too funny. [rofl]

CaveDog said:
Bwaaahahahahaha!

Watching "Close up" on CH. 9 and apparently the reason the bill got by the senate was because Sen. Martel meant to vote against it, but didn't realize he was voting on a motion to kill the bill intead of a bill to pass it. Accordingly, he voted NO, meaning to vote against it but actually wound up voting FOR it.

He tried to get the bill reconsidered so he could change his vote but the senate said no.

That's too funny. [rofl]
We have Direct TV and get both channel 9 & 11. I'm gonna have to pay more attention to them!

NH Law

From what I was told, NH already has a "Castle Doctrine" as these laws are known as. The current legislation would expand on those laws.

Some see is as legislation that is already in place. I'm still looking for the current statutes that are in place to compare.

But I really have to wonder about someone who doesn't know if he is voting for or against a bill. Sounds like the voters in Florida a few years back..[rofl]
After review, the change to the current legislation seems to be that they add:

or in any place where the actor has a right to be. which I'm guessing is geared towards autos, etc.

We will be were it goes with the State Senate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom