Athol, MA Appleseed 6/20-21 2009 and 2/6-7 2010

REGISTRATION LINK IS NOW UP: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/338219624

Range: Woodsman Rifle & Pistol Club

Address: 390 Doe Valley Rd, Athol, Ma. 01331

www.woodsmanrifleandpistol.com

When:
6/20-21 2009 and 2/6-7 2010

Range Fee: $5.00 per shooter, each day Active duty military & Guard free.

Camping available:
Yes, primitive. If anyone so desires they are welcome to pitch a tent. RV camping permitted.

Hotels:
The King Phillip Restaurant & Motel
35 State Road, Phillipston, MA 01331, Office : 978-249-6300

Bullard Farm Bed & Breakfast
89 Elm St, Athol, MA‎ - (978) 544-6959‎

Travel Inn
180 Daniel Shays Hwy, Orange, MA‎ - (978) 544-2986‎

Directions:

Rt 2 to exit 17 for Rt 32 South
Turn right onto Woodlawn Rd
Slight right onto Doe Valley Rd
Range will be on the right

GPS Coordinates: Latitude: N42.55838 Longitude: W72.21108

State Laws to be aware of:
Massachusetts made the Clinton era AWB permanent. Have a copy of the event flyer and registration as proof of a rifle competition. Don't even think of bringing a handgun into Massachusetts unless you posess a non-resident licence to carry. Check State Laws.

Misc: This is a 25 meter only event, centerfire rifles welcome.
No tracer or incindeary ammo.

Shooter Capacity:
We have room for 40 shooters on the firing line.

For more information contact: [email protected] or PM crak on the appleseedinfo.org or northeastshooters.com forums

Last edited:
Yes, we're back at Athol in June! On Bunker Hill Day!

Even better, we're back in Februrary too.

Here's what the range looks like in February:
n516544341_1334825_5254.jpg

There is less snow in June, I'd imagine, if that's important to you.

Online registration link will be up in the morning most likely.

Last edited:
Update

There is an interective map on the home page of the website, see the link in the OP or my sig line. The range is a sandpit so it'll be soft for prone shooting. You'll want a cheap tarp to lie on. The range also gets the morning sun and afternoon shade so you'll be confortable all day long.

As long as you bring bug spray.

The event is up on the Woodsman website. (See link in my sig line)

I guarantee there will be great chow.
hungry.gif

MrsTwigg will be providing lunch for a reasonable fee - depending on her choice of menu.
Those who were at the event last February will remember the tasty Ziti & Chicken stew.

Last edited:
Aw, heck, Crak, couldn't you have posted this 5 hours sooner?? Then I could have told my wife that no, I couldn't come to her coworker's wedding because I had a shoot!

Oh, well. I'll be there on Sunday, anyway.

You coming by that week to pick it up, Crak? 'Cause I'm serious about having to be at a wedding (I'd rather not be at).

Or maybe Namedpipes can get them from you?

Bringing several rifles is not very compatible with riding up.

Weather forecast is for showers on Saturday and maybe worse on Sunday.

Which of course probably means cloudless blue skies.

What is the rain policy? Are we rain or shine? If not, how will we know if the event is cancelled / postponed?

Hi All,
I can attend on Sunday only - what is the best method for sign-up/payment? I can go to the website or just bring the $$ on the day. Any discount for attending the mini?

I will be coming from North Shore 39/128 area and have room for one rider if anyone would like to carpool.
Thanks,
Sprocket

I'm the shoot boss, and the easiest way is to do it online.

No mini discount, but there is a discount for signing up online early (ie. by Thursday)

Saturday regustration is at 8, briefings at 8:30, shooting at 9.
Sunday registration is at 9, briefings at 9:30, shooting at 10.

I'd like to ad that MrsTwigg will be fixing lunch for everyone once again.

Those who attended the February shoot know it'll be good chow.

There will be a small fee to cover costs.

Heading down now!

Plenty of room if anybody's thinking of stopping by.

(Who comes up with these start times?)

Hot dogs, chips and home baked brownies for lunch today.

I believe Ziti is on the menu for tomorrow.

I'l be arriving around 8;00 "ish". The target stands will go up fast.

Another great appleseed complete, thanks to the shooters who came out. I had a great time myself, and will as always be looking forward to the next one. Kate, my girlfriend, finally got around to shooting rifleman with a 225 today, our only shooter to make it for the weekend. Now if someone had patches on hand this weekend....

Thanks to Mr & Mrs Twig for the facilities and viddles - lunch was very timely and delicious.

Thanks to Chris & Nick for getting us in shape - I've added 50 points average to my scores over last week. I'm happy with that progress.

Now if I can eliminate the mechanical failures and ammo issues, I'll be a happy guy and can focus on my issues behind the buttstock...

I eventually refined most of the individual points (like squeeeeeeeze) to a point where I was happy, but doing them all at the same time still eludes me. I wouldn't have gotten this far without the fine efforts of Chris, Nick and Dennis.

Back
Top Bottom