• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF request for comments - Link

The atf can't redifine bumpstocks as machine guns , they just aren't able without legislative changes or we are a lawless country

Im fairly certain if i ever receive a letter, my response will make me the test case......i would hate to be that guy...but i am.
I truely believe i couldnt lose....(or shouldn't).

What we need is (in your face) civil disobedience by non-burdened people..... i just can't until my federal nonsense is over...i wouldn't want to cause trouble for others...after that.., i dont see how waiting for NFA approval is any different than waiting for court...

At the point we are at, id rather land myself in court on an issue of my choosing, than wait for them to come me.

The worst case would be become a PP....all that means is gun laws no longer apply to you....it definitely doesn't mean you can't own guns

Was prompted by GOA via email to take action a few days ago, and I did. Curious as of how long will it take for my comments to be posted.

I added my comment when I saw the MAC video with GOA on this. If anyone is on the fence about taking a couple minutes to post a comment, think about where we'd be if Eric Holder could act like Maura Healey.

To make it easy, feel free to start with my comment and edit to make it your own.

"I oppose the ATF banning bump fire stocks by defining them as machine guns. Those devices just aren't machine guns, and twisting the meaning of words to fit a desired result would give the ATF the ability to enforce whatever they wish, effectively allowing them to create laws. The ATF should not legislate. If Congress wants to ban bump stocks, they should pass a law doing so. The ATF does not, nor should it, have the authority to create law."

Comment period ends in 5 days (1/25/2018)

Last edited:
The atf can't redifine bumpstocks as machine guns , they just aren't able without legislative changes or we are a lawless country

Actually BATFE can regulate bump stocks as an NFA regulated firearm through administrative rules via the NPRM procedure. They don’t have to go through Congress to re-classified bump stocks as “machine guns”. First they have to announce the notice of proposed rule making in the Congressional Record. Then they publish the initial comments. Then they publish a Second Notice of Proposed Rule Making. Then they ask for comments, conduct a study to see that the rules don’t violate any existing laws or rules, publish a notice that they intend to have a hearing, and conduct the hearing, They may or may not ask for additional comments or have a Third Notice before they publish a Notice of Report and Order which may or may not have a change in regulations.

This is a process which is lengthy due to the fact that they have to review all of the comments that are submitted. I would file my comments with BATFE and go on record (which will be published and available for everyone to read), but I wouldn’t get too excited at this stage of the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom