• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

Just got denied, my spikes tactical prefix letters weren’t on the serial number of my submitted. Guy said no way to change once denied. New prints and package for COP too !
Strange. I've messed up before and they allowed me to refile and got approved the next day. No additional prints needed. You need a nicer examiner

If you have form 1s planned it might be a good idea to get them in before Biden starts f***ing around with NFA related stuff.

Has anyone used “ask the experts” lately and gotten a reply? I’m just tryin to get the watermark removed and it’s been a couple of weeks.

If you have form 1s planned it might be a good idea to get them in before Biden starts f***ing around with NFA related stuff.

I don't think the NFA items are the issue. What they are talking about is putting AR pistols under NFA. Which to be honest I think they could do. Not that I like it, but I think they could. They could change their position on wrist braces, AGAIN, and go back to if you shoulder it then it's a stock. Or go further and go with "easily converted" or "based on" to make AR pistols SBRs.
But what's already under NFA will likely just stay there. Processing time may slow due to more applications. I can't say I'm surprised, with the increase in popularity of "wrist braces" and the open and wide spread use of them as stocks, including a lot of YouTube videos. Many who do an AR with brace will openly say they are doing to to get around the law, even on this forum. So don't be surprised when they turn around and say no more games. If you're going to play the edges of the law, maybe you shouldn't draw attention to yourself. Otherwise they may just move that edge.

I don't think the NFA items are the issue. What they are talking about is putting AR pistols under NFA. Which to be honest I think they could do. Not that I like it, but I think they could. They could change their position on wrist braces, AGAIN, and go back to if you shoulder it then it's a stock. Or go further and go with "easily converted" or "based on" to make AR pistols SBRs.
But what's already under NFA will likely just stay there. Processing time may slow due to more applications.

That's sort of my point. If you want to file for an SBR, for example, better to get it in ahead of any chaos.

Was it in the drop down list, a previously entered firearm or did you have to input the manufacturer? Only a new firearm or an 80% lower should result in pending research. Did you look on a web app? Attachments won’t show in iOS native mail app.
Last month I entered a spike's tactical lower, I got the got the payment declaration in one email and 4 minutes later got my cover letter. I sent my prints and waited. Just the other day got denied because I did not enter the prefix alphabetical letters on my lower, only the numbers. I called the 604 number if a question on form 1 and the guy said I can't amend the application as it was denied with $ being returned. This was literally the morning I got the denial. So that night I started from scratch and applied with the correct serial numbers and only got the payment received email. Called back that same # 604... ... 2 times and they said it could take 90 days just for my cover letter now with the delays. Doesn't sound right to me.

Last month I entered a spike's tactical lower, I got the got the payment declaration in one email and 4 minutes later got my cover letter. I sent my prints and waited. Just the other day got denied because I did not enter the prefix alphabetical letters on my lower, only the numbers. I called the 604 number if a question on form 1 and the guy said I can't amend the application as it was denied with $ being returned. This was literally the morning I got the denial. So that night I started from scratch and applied with the correct serial numbers and only got the payment received email. Called back that same # 604... ... 2 times and they said it could take 90 days just for my cover letter now with the delays. Doesn't sound right to me.
I feel the same way you do, it doesn’t feel right. I’m going to get to an eform 1 today, I will let you know if I get the cover letter immediately.

The ATF used to be way better about little mistakes. In the paper form 1 days I made a mistake and the ATF called me and told me to make the changes and she would approve me. I sent an email to her and she wrote back it’s been approved and will be in my mailbox soon. I’ve seen lots of people claim this was still the practice with eForms. It seems around the start of the year they just started denying forms with any mistakes. Not sure if it’s policy change or they are just really busy.

I got denied back in october for a incorrect model, I chose the model from the drop down menu it was a SIG Rattler, Rattler was on the drop down, resubmitted with model as MCX, and it took from October 12th to middle of March to get approved. It only took 3 1/2 weeks to get disapproved, resubmitted the same day and called to see if i could use same prints and I could not hat to send in new ones.

Back
Top Bottom