ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

If you have your control number, you should be able to get status by calling (304) 616-4500. In my experience, the people who answer this number are polite and efficient, please don't be rude to them.

If you have your control number, you should be able to get status by calling (304) 616-4500. In my experience, the people who answer this number are polite and efficient, please don't be rude to them.
I was able to login. Status says "in process". Also, no "current alerts". I guess I'll call tomorrow. Can't hurt. I'll be nice. [smile]
Thank you

I called last week and you dont need the control number, they look it up by the serial number for the firearm you are registering. I submitted mine mar 17 and was told when i called could be up to 6 months.

I just called. The woman I spoke with said it will be completed in July. I submitted Jan. 9th. I'm thinking another 8-9 weeks. I wish it were sooner, but I can wait.

I just got an email this morning that my status has changed to approved. [laugh2]
It says to login to the site for more info. I'll report back.

*Update: I logged in, and its approved. Theres a stamp on my application !!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I should have gotten my lower engraved. I was told it wouldn't be approved until July. Oh well, this is a good problem to have I guess.

Questions for you guys: This is the actual stamp, correct, is there an actual stamp that follows in the mail? The stamp isn't cancelled, should it be ? Do I print the copy of the application with the stamp on it, and keep it with me ?

Last edited:
I just got an email this morning that my status has changed to approved. [laugh2]

Congrats!!! I submitted Feb 13, so i'm hoping a few more weeks. It looks like a 5-6 month trend.

*Update: I logged in, and its approved. Theres a stamp on my application !!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I should have gotten my lower engraved. I was told it wouldn't be approved until July. Oh well, this is a good problem to have I guess.

Questions for you guys: This is the actual stamp, correct, is there an actual stamp that follows in the mail? The stamp isn't cancelled, should it be ? Do I print the copy of the application with the stamp on it, and keep it with me ?

Congratulations, but WTF? I haven't gotten anything from them and I submitted a week prior.

Congratulations, but WTF? I haven't gotten anything from them and I submitted a week prior.
Yeah. I was thinking about you when I got the approval. I thought for sure you would have gotten yours. Maybe it was the phone inquiry I made a couple weeks ago. It could have bumped me up. I don't know. You could have an agent with a larger pile to go through. Maybe you could call as well.

Yeah. I was thinking about you when I got the approval. I thought for sure you would have gotten yours. Maybe it was the phone inquiry I made a couple weeks ago. It could have bumped me up. I don't know. You could have an agent with a larger pile to go through. Maybe you could call as well.

Yeah maybe I'll give them a call on Tuesday to inquire about the status.

Are you having him machine engrave, or laser-mark? I'm curious how it comes out, was going to use him for an item.
Laser. The guy I spoke with, Michael, said the laser is a lot cleaner & people have been really happy with the results. I guess they've done quite a few now. It's all done to ATF specs. I was a bit concerned, because my lower has been cerakoted, but he said it's not a problem. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Laser. The guy I spoke with, Michael, said the laser is a lot cleaner & people have been really happy with the results. I guess they've done quite a few now. It's all done to ATF specs. I was a bit concerned, because my lower has been cerakoted, but he said it's not a problem. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Yes please. If you can share a partial image of a character that would be cool to see the depth and crisp finish. 75 bucks or so, do they do it while you wait?

Yes please. If you can share a partial image of a character that would be cool to see the depth and crisp finish. 75 bucks or so, do they do it while you wait?
I'll post a pic. The lower is burnt bronze, so it's gonna look different than it would on black. I'm curious to see the results myself. I didn't talk about location, but I'd like to do under the trigger guard. If not, maybe the front of the mag well.
And yes, they do it while you wait. I think he said 1/2 hour.

Okay just left Jacks. These guys are great and I highly recommend them for the laser engraving. Starting price at $65, and going up depending on what you want done. It takes probably less than 10 minutes. You have to be there when the job is being performed. No drop offs. I dealt with Michael and Bill, who is the shop foreman. So give them a call, they'll take care of you.
Here's a quick pic. This is how it looks on my burnt bronze cerakote. A lot of guys with a black finish will fill it in to color match. I'm not sure if I'm going to do that. I kind a like the way it looks now.
zyma4avy.jpg

Last edited:
I just got the email that my Form 1 was approved! I'll have to wait until after 6pm tonight after the eForms comes back online from maintenance to download my stamped application.

Submitted Jan 3rd, Approved May 28th.

That's 146 calendar days, or 101 working days

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom