• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF allegedly bans import of UTM non-lethal ammo for non-LEA, non-.mil use

Dang - a lot of LE organizations have heavy investments in UTM guns. I was shot with one such round just a few weeks ago in Active Shooter training (unexpectedly - an errant round, they do skip at low angles). Does any US manufacturer make ammo that fits?

If I were UTM I'd be jacking the price up to cover the loss of civ8lilian sales.
I get your point but they are all civilian sales. Our taxes are buying it.

Question I know the answer to but... why does the ATF have the authority to do this?

WTF?
There basicly just blanks???
UTM sells "captive piston" blanks, marker rounds, and conversion kits.

The article specifies their "NLTA" marker rounds, a lower velocity competitor of Simunitions (the latter being imported from Canada), UTM also sells a "UTX" round, to use in the Simunitions FX conversion kit.

799f4nV.jpg
Simunitions, despite being an import, isn't subject to this blockage becauses they've never sold to us lowly Civvies.

UTM sells "captive piston" blanks, marker rounds, and conversion kits.

The article specifies their "NLTA" marker rounds, a lower velocity competitor of Simunitions (the latter being imported from Canada), UTM also sells a "UTX" round, to use in the Simunitions FX conversion kit.

799f4nV.jpg
Simunitions, despite being an import, isn't subject to this blockage becauses they've never sold to us lowly Civvies.
I demoed some of their "Non Firing" training stuff a few years back, I was under the mistaken impression that that was all they sold.

Back
Top Bottom