• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault Weapons Ban lacks Democratic votes to pass Senate.

They don't even have a simple majority (if the article is to be believed) - they need 60 to break the filibuster.

Of course - I don't trust politicians, no deal is too small or too big - plus they all have dirt under their fingernails - if 0bama has that info, he can flip them.

Pretty scary that only 6 senators are the margin keeping an AWB ban from being passed!

I dont think you read that right.
"That means Democrats wouldn’t have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote."

It sounds like the democrats need a 51 majority vote to pass it, but then it has to be voted on with a floor vote if it passes the 51 majority vote.

"Feinstein is hoping survivor testimonials, along with the images of the 20 slain children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, most of them 6-year-olds, will push these Democrats to reconsider their opposition."

wait, i thought the NRA were the bad guys because they used children to push their agenda?

"Feinstein is hoping survivor testimonials, along with the images of the 20 slain children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, most of them 6-year-olds, will push these Democrats to reconsider their opposition."

wait, i thought the NRA were the bad guys because they used children to push their agenda?

Shes such a lowlife, classless bitch.

Cool I can show that stupid bitch pictures of 100s of thousands of war dead who fought for that constitution she wants to burn. Plenty of them kids. **** her.

Mike

Shes such a lowlife, classless bitch.

“The message to Democrats is, ‘See what your silence does?’ There will be more of these. These won’t end,” Feinstein told reporters.

I was just about to say that too. This hag is deplorable. I feel bad for the people that depend on people like her for their political expertise, if you can call it that, to make a thoughtful decision. This must put tremendous stress and guilt on the shoulders of those that are indifferent to the 2nd amendment. On everyone that believes her, for that matter. What a disgusting breed of person. I just want to type every nasty word I can think of to describe her, but most of them will be "****" anyways, so I'll just end it here: sickening!

Don't Count On It...

and don't believe an article from Bloomberg! According to GunsAmerica:

The American gun owning public is being duped again, just like we were duped the two weeks before the election when we were convinced that Romney was ahead by several percentage points. The media, including our “friends” at Fox, Drudge, and other “conservative” outlets, are attempting to sell us the concept that the “assault weapon ban” legislation can’t pass, and this is a lie. We are told that Bill Clinton sternly warned his party that they will be punished in the mid-terms, and that the NRA is “too powerful” for any real legislation to make it through congress. This is also a lie. Behind our backs, the political machine is crafting public opinion in what have become the majority voting blocks to convince national and state legislators that they are safe for the next election… and they are safe. American gun owners didn’t show up in force for the last election, and we are not feared as a voting block any longer. Don’t be a fool and believe it when they tell us we can’t lose. We are going to get beaten again if we don’t act. And this time it isn’t a slippery slope. This time they are going to outlaw an entire class of guns with no loopholes....

Read more: Are American Gun Owners A Bunch Of Fools?

Here's the play book. Obama et al will mount a media press to get everyone they can to write their congressmen in favor of restrictions. They will continue to hammer the media with lies that the media will gladly repeat endlessly. Obama and his new PAC will then identify the at-risk Senators and Congressmen who are up for re-election in 2014 and tell them plainly: you can go along with this, and you'll get funding and an easy re-election, or you can refuse and we will find and fund any random donkey and do everything in our power to disgrace and destroy you, oh, and see that you aren't re-elected.

We can't relax, we can't take a break. This is going to be a long, ugly fight. The only thing we have going for us is that most Americans distrust the Government; they just don't know how to make it stop.

also, if "high capacity clips" allow you to fire many rounds in a few seconds, whats this guys excuse?

World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds - YouTube

TV and movies are a huge part of the problem here. TV shows like The Walking Dead, which I love indecently, show characters who have never shot a gun before going through a quick "how to shoot" scene then riding around in cars nailing head shots on moving targets from a moving vehicle with a .38 snub.

People who don't know any better think shooting is easy! They think anyone can just go out grab a gun and hit 20 targets in 20 seconds. The concept of aiming completely escapes them. They think all you need to do is pull the trigger and there magic "Wanted" bullets just find a target.

I can't count how many times I brought someone on their first trip to a shooting range only to have them be completely amazed they they didn't shoot all bulls just because they have been playing Call of Duty for years.

As long as people think guns are just point and click like a camera we'll be dealing with the same bullshit. What we really need are a few videos of professional shooters trying to hit 20 in 20sec. on moving targets that simulate a room full of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off...

They don't even have a simple majority (if the article is to be believed) - they need 60 to break the filibuster.

Of course - I don't trust politicians, no deal is too small or too big - plus they all have dirt under their fingernails - if 0bama has that info, he can flip them.

Then we need to make sure our dirt is worse: Make them see that if they vote for a ban, their families are at risk. A map with their addresses posted in as many places as possible with the words "Location of Traitors. Deal with them as you see fit."

I dont think you read that right.
"That means Democrats wouldn’t have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote."

It sounds like the democrats need a 51 majority vote to pass it, but then it has to be voted on with a floor vote if it passes the 51 majority vote.

Any bill only requires a simple majority to pass. In the case of the Senate, which by law has exactly 100 members, that means 51 votes to pass a bill. A filibuster requires a super majority of 60 votes to stop it, so if the Democrats have the 51 (or more, but less than 60) votes necessary to pass the bill then the Republicans can mount a filibuster to stop the vote. Without a 60 vote super majority the Democrats could not stop the filibuster so they would have to withdraw the bill.

These Dems from pro gun areas are not going to be easy to flip into support of gun control. They are Senators and Obama will be irrelevant when their elections comes around. They also have the history of the elections following the AWB and Obamacare to look at. It is still Mass we need to be concerned with.

Back
Top Bottom