Assault "features" on .22

bender73

NES Member
I have an m&p 15-22 without a flash suppressor...I know it is purely cosmetic. I was gonna buy a cosmetic barrel shroud or set-screw add-on suppressor just to complete the incomplete look of the barrel. I thought this was a banned feature to add, but I see shops selling brand new rifles with these in MA. I hate this state. Can you enlighten me?

I have an m&p 15-22 without a flash suppressor...I know it is purely cosmetic. I was gonna buy a cosmetic barrel shroud or set-screw add-on suppressor just to complete the incomplete look of the barrel. I thought this was a banned feature to add, but I see shops selling brand new rifles with these in MA. I hate this state. Can you enlighten me?

Either the suppressors are fake (or maybe brakes?) or they probably don't do anything. Or the dealers or buyers don't care.

-Mike

Can I ask a followup question on here? I have the same exact rifle and the pin on the collapsible stock broke while i was shooting it the other day. Do I have to go get it repinned? is it illegal the way it is right now?

Just repin the stock.
go to a hardware store buy a roll pin and drill the proper sized hole next to the old one and insert pin. (technically yes it is illegal if it is an adjustable stock. )

Just repin the stock.
go to a hardware store buy a roll pin and drill the proper sized hole next to the old one and insert pin. (technically yes it is illegal if it is an adjustable stock. )

Make sure you bring to rifle with you to the store, to be sure you get the correct size pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask a followup question on here? I have the same exact rifle and the pin on the collapsible stock broke while i was shooting it the other day. Do I have to go get it repinned? is it illegal the way it is right now?

If it's a roll pin get a pin punch that diameter and drive it out and hammer a new one in from the hardware store. mesure the diameter and length. probably 1/8 inch.​

Back
Top Bottom