Asked to write a letter of recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

namedpipes

NES Member
A long time friend and solid citizen is interested in getting his LTC. Lives in a green town. He needs to supply two letters of recommendation.

I'm guessing:

This dude rocks! Met him at paintball last week and he effing killed the other playahs even on his own team! The guy is a maniac! Don't effin B-Ram him, dude.

. . . will not be acceptable.

Any thoughts on a short but effective note?

How about,

It is my belief that Mr. XXX would make a fine candidate to issue an LTC to. I took he and my dog pheasant hunting last year, I thought the .44 Mag was overkill but he insisted the critters were tough. We did manage to bag a few birds (or some bird particles) that season and the dog walks just fine with 3 legs.

Yours truly...

*grr* I should have known better!

Derek kindly provided a couple of samples that will probably serve as the basis. I'll report the results after the fact.

I just may put together a "for fun" letter along with the serious one. Except with my luck he'd mix them up and send the bogus letter in with his app...

He lives in a GREEN town but needs to provide letters of recommendation even though they are not required by law? [rolleyes]

He lives in a town listed as green here on NES in the sticky thread on "Gun Rights" in your Massachusetts town. He either asked for requirements or determined from the town PD website that he needs to provide two letters. Due to a certain infamous thread I won't be more specific. Not that this person would be the sort to inspire that sort of reaction by the cleo, but better safe than sorry.

eta: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php/8703-Guide-to-gun-rights-in-your-Massachusetts-town

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom