Article: WY: Girls learn gun safety, skills through after school program

Believe it or not, in the 1970s to early 1980s, there was a similar program (likely rifles only) at Brookline (MA) High School. A member of my first club was a janitor there and ran the program.

I can't even imagine that happening in that liberal bastion of self-righteous morons.

We had a program in Marblehead as well. It was coed and was recognized as an after school activity in our yearbook in 1978. The police ran the safety course and then we put together club teams and competed juniors postals and local state matches.

We had a riflery team in highshool. We moved the desks out of the way in one of the study halls and shot in the school in the evenings.

Back in the early 2000's New Bedford High School still had an indoor gun range. JROTC was in charge, and students ran the program and were given the responsibility of storing, cleaning, and securing the firearms. There was never an issue, no-one goofed around when in the range, and it was a lot of fun! There was a 5 gallon bucket filled to the brim with .22 as well. That's probably gone by now.

The culture is fundamentally, extremely different across the country. Whereas the South, Midwest, West (sans CA), and traditional parts of New England (VT, NH, ME) teaches individual liberty, self-reliance, productivity, and independent competence, the big cities in the East and CA promote communism, self-sacrifice, entitlements, and incompetent dependence on the Central Nanny State.

Back
Top Bottom