Article: SCHOOL OFFICIAL SPARKS OUTRAGE BY REMOVING AMERICAN, POW FLAGS FROM STUDENT’

in this day and age of social media, school administrators, you would think, would know better than to continue on with such overt displays at social engineering and authoritarianism.

I really wish the school official would face charges after stealing the student's property. It's really sad that school faculty often feel as though they are legal gods who have supreme power of the law and whom can't be touched.

I really wish the school official would face charges after stealing the student's property. It's really sad that school faculty often feel as though they are legal gods who have supreme power of the law and whom can't be touched.

Agree. Fixing the situation should include firing these school officials but I doubt they will be even banned from graduation.[frown]

It was closer to vandalism than theft. He didn't take the flag he laid it down in the truck's bed. The cops won't press any charges because nothing was taken or "technically" damaged.

When my niece, nephew and I got there I was surprised at just how many people showed up. Now all you see around town is people flying flags on their trucks and cars. I ****ing love it down here! [smile]

Well arguably it is considered Improper care and treatment of the flag to drive around like the metro-rednecks in their "coal roller" toy trucks. Frankly it irritates me because they drive down the highway and flog the s*** out of the flag. With all a flag represents and should be treated like a living thing. (Why there are so many ceremonies) As you can see his flag is shredded, he should at least take it down while driving. He's doing the right thing the wrong way. Of course that's my opinion.

It's not like the flags flown on naval and merchant vessels aren't exposed to the elements, diesel exhaust, etc... If some fat ass, obama loving, FSA shitbag can post a vid of her literally dancing on the flag laid out on a public sidewalk, then I think this kid is GTG.

I hear where your coming from. Especially since I feel that protected free "speech" doesn't grant the right to desecrate our flag. And that the afore mentioned shitbag should be charged with a violation of 4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag. Say whatever you want about it, but don't you dare ****ing desecrate it.

I do agree that, once damaged, it should be replaced. I can't walk through any park or cemetery without felling compelled to right any of the small flags I see fallen over or touching the ground. I once spent the better part of 3 hrs in Oak Grove cemetery fixing all the small flags placed near headstones because they had been blown over by the rain storm the night before. I was only there to walk my dog. [laugh]

Fly the flag, to hell with these *******s.

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight'
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
On the shore dimly seen, thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream;
'Tis the star-spangled banner: oh, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
Oh, thus be it ever when free men shall stand,
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that has made and preserved us as a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust";
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom