Article: Obama Administration Finalizes Social Security Gun Ban

Dangerous Idea

Hello all, I am new to the forum and appreciate this place.

Can someone please explain to me why, with some exceptions, many of those who would be described as "liberal/leftist/democrat" tend to be against individual citizens having the right to self-defense of one's person and property? I would hope I'm wrong on this analysis, but it seems to be the situation. They often seem to side against the law-abiding citizen, who has used a knife or gun to defend themselves and their homes from violent criminals. Why is this?

The founding Fathers of this country put forth the idea that our rights are given us by God and are not given by the state. This also gives us the right to dissolve the government if it stops serving our needs and begins to become oppressive. This principle is anathema to the left who see government as the solution to all problems and believes that if government had total control a leftist utopia could be created. This government would be oppressive to many if not most Americans and would be in severe danger of revolution from many on the right. The ability to resist due to the Second Amendment is one of the main reasons that many on the left would love to see the Second Amendment gutted so as to be rendered impotent or even repealed. Repeal would be difficult so gutting it with the Supreme Court is or was a goal of the Hilliary Clinton Campaign. Does my idiotic ramblings make it clearer for you? Feel free to ask any other questions if I can answer I will try!

Repeal is Official.

On May 18 the Social Security Administration (SSA) announced that it officially removed the Social Security gun ban from the federal code.

On February 2 the GOP-controlled House of Representatives voted to repeal the ban. On February 15 the GOP-controlled Senate voted to repeal the ban. And on February 28 President Trump signed the repeal.

On May 18 the SSA’s announced:

We are removing from the Code of Federal Regulations the final rules, Implementation of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (NIAA), published on December 19, 2016. We are doing so because Congress passed, and the President signed, a joint resolution of disapproval of the final rules under the Congressional Review Act.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...y-administration-announces-discarded-gun-ban/

Back
Top Bottom