Article: NJ SENATE CONSIDERS MANDATING DISPLAY OF ONE SMART GUN IN EVERY GUN STORE

Is it me or are there more New Jersey cars on MA roads lately?
People making an exodus or "spreading their wisdom" ??

Ha funny I have noticed this for a while. I see a ton of NJ plates when I drive to work and even many in my parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed the samething, aslo thinking the samething. They might be getting away from the very high taxes in NJ and other things.

The free market will ultimately determine the success or failure of smart guns, but then again, is it really a free market when .gov forces a store to display something that few buyers appear to want? A free market should be free of any government intervention.

Unless the .gov fully compensates the store for requiring them to add it to their inventory, I don't see how this would hold up in court.

Also I foresee plenty of people finger ****ing the gun on display and it having a short life on display.

Does the law say how the gun must be advertised? Can you put up a sign that says "This is the stupidest gun design we've ever seen. You are welcome to purchase this ridiculous item, but if you do, we will laugh at you and ban you from our store forever".

Does the law say how the gun must be advertised? Can you put up a sign that says "This is the stupidest gun design we've ever seen. You are welcome to purchase this ridiculous item, but if you do, we will laugh at you and ban you from our store forever".

Yes! I love this.

[laugh]

I like it. They should charge $1M for it in addition to the laugh factor.

Because the government should be involved in how private businesses are run. Maybe they should mandate crosses in mosques, and LGBT rainbows on at least one cake in all cake shops. Why limit themselves to gunshops.

Exactly, there is a silver lining to the shit cloud here. Dealer gets the gun, prices it at like 10K or some outrageous price, and puts a thing on the case that says WORST GUN EVER.

"Oh that thing? It's a piece of shit. But the lawr requires that we have one available for sale. Nobody has been dumb enough to buy one yet, thankfully."

-Mike

Some hoplophobes oppose "smart" guns because they make anti-gun arguments look dumb

Read the article carefully -- Loretta Weinberg sponsored the 2002 “Childproof Handgun Law” (2002-AB-700) which mandates that once a "smart gun" is available for retail sale, gun stores would only be permitted to sell smart guns, must not stock any other handguns. Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg now wants to back down from that, change the law so instead of only smart guns being available for sale, gun stores must stock and display one smart gun, but can keep selling other guns. The new bill is S.3249.

Ultimately, I think that minus the mandates, the availability of smart guns in the free market is not a bad thing. I used to know a lot of people "on the fence" who refused to have a gun in their home, but weren't really anti-gun; being able to buy a "smart gun" could be sufficient to convert fence-sitters into gun owners. Apparently some of the anti-gun groups also recognize this possibility, and oppose smart guns because they make the anti-gun arguments look even sillier.

from a state that doesn't even allow the proles to pump their own gas this is totally unsurprising.

NJ $1.83-1.89/gallon, full* service. I have no problem with someone else pumping especially in winter.

*full service now means just pump gas and run credit card. It used to mean pump your octane selection, check oil, check tires, and clean windows, oh and a free map if you asked.

But cheer up, residential firearm businesses are booming in NJ.
http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2015/11/home_gun_shops_in_nj.html

There are now 140 home-based FFL's in NJ an increase of 40 over five years.

screen-shot-2015-11-05-at-61913-pmpng-e1be96b02411209c.png

"Because New Jersey makes it harder for you to get a gun, it makes people more determined to get a gun," Teodorczy said.

The state requires several extra security precautions and inspections for gun dealers. He must lock up his inventory at night in secure safes. He has an alarm system — also mandated by New Jersey (but not in many other states). His home is also ringed by a stockade fence, even though it's not required. Unannounced state and federal inspections, carried out about every three years in New Jersey, can last up to four hours.

Hmmmm....Now it's a "Mandate" on Smart Guns in one of the contenders for the title of "Most Corrupt State in the US??...
Follow the money.
I'm going out on a limb and guessing several NJ State Reps, Senators, Mayors, Aldermen, City Councilors etc etc have invested HUGE into the companies that manufacture these genius guns. Like when the leaf recycling bags were "mandated" in communities throughout the US. And (shockingly) an investigation turned up evidence (shocking!!) that many local town pols and reps had invested in the companies that make the bags - or had received (drumrolll....rimshot!) kickbacks from the manufacturers of the bags.
Hear-No-Evil-See-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.png

I hope this post doesn't damage your trust in the dedicated public servants who take up oxygen and dead space under various Golden Domes across the land...
Just sayin' [wink]

The most recent article Ive read states that there is not even a decent working smart gun on the market or close to release thats adequate. And criminals already have easily accessible work arounds for them. This is truly one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard of. Another clear case of politicians trying to pass laws that have NO idea what they are talking about or even proposing. I always think of that picture with Diane Feinstein holding an ak47 with a drum mag (or clip if ur Diane) and shes pointing it at a crowd with her finger on the trigger.

Last edited:
Put the smart gun next to a Glock. "Choose the more reliable gun" They'll end up selling even MORE Glocks!

Mandate the government to pay for this piece of crap smart gun that the shops must display.

Better yet, make the government pay for a "dummy" or "display" gun.

That is what stored did in the 90's with expensive cell phones. They used to carry "dummy" phones which were just mock ups of a real phone.

How about a reverse gun buy back...

Pay for a brand new smart gun if the body guards of the NJ politicians trade in their Glocks!

Passed by lawmakers, now awaiting Christie's veto?

New Jersey state lawmakers on Monday (Jan 11) approved a law that would require gun retailers to sell "smart guns," designed to be fired only by an authorized user, and setting up a possible veto from Governor Chris Christie, a Republican candidate for president.

The bill would require so-called smart guns to be sold alongside traditional firearms no more than three years after the technology is developed and on the market.

The state General Assembly approved the law by a vote of 43 to 30 with one abstention. The legislation has already been passed in the state Senate.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-jersey-guns-idUSKCN0UP2JF20160111

Back
Top Bottom