Article: MOMS DEMAND: JOIN US IN TEACHING KROGER A LESSON FOR NOT BANNING GUNS

I love it. 21% increase in Kroger sales since refusing to ban carry in their stores. Way to go, Moms!

I didnt know that Target and Whole Foods had banned carry.

Kroger isn't going for it.

Kroger CFO Michael Schlotman said:
That was a group called Moms Demand Action. They were opposed to the fact that our policy is to adhere to the local gun laws. If the local gun laws are to allow open carry, we’ll certainly allow customers to do that based on what the local laws are. We don’t believe it’s up to us to legislate what the local gun control laws should be. It’s up to the local legislators to decide to do that.

So we follow local laws (and) we ask our customers to be respectful to the other people they are shopping with. And we really haven’t had any issues inside of our stores as a result of that.
My nearest Kroger is a bit over 100 miles away, but whenever I travel to a city with a Kroger, I go out of my way to spend a chunk of my per diem at their store.

its sad. as a gun owner and a parent, I am all for reducing gun violence and am more than happy to work with those who share the same views, such as those of you I've worked with in the past.

none of us want to see a tragedy. Yet, when I attempted to speak with them at the boston gun control hearings, they said, no sneered, we want nothing to do with you, this is our time.

really? to them, its not about safety. to them its about feeling like they have something to do in their otherwise meaningless lives.

What percentage of those dopes even shopped there before this?
It's highly doubtful they would have any more impact on Kroger's bottom line than a rainy day.
Man it must suck to be so desperate for attention and have such an empty life.

Back
Top Bottom