Article: ***Legislative Alert*** VERY IMPORTANT! June 4, 2010

I called Baddour. The lady on the phone said the calls were mostly against the bill.

wow they attended and got all these Master and Doctor degreeses for nothing [sad2]... This can't not stop criminals from buying illegal guns. Do you think they can't go to other states to delivery illegal firearms into massachusetts ? Come on... Stop wasting on these lousy anti gun bills money. Rather hider more cops than wasting money on these stupid bills.[rolleyes]

I called each member and left my message letting them each know that I was opposed to H4102 and that H2259, in the Judiciary Committee, was a much more comprehensive and all around better bill.

I emailed each on the list and called my Rep. John Fernandes.

In trying to find the email addresses for each person you can go to their pages to see a picture and small biography of each person. For the majority of them I kept thinking to myself... Wow... we are so screwed in this state. Many remind me of my liberal sister in-law.

I received this from my Rep James Fagan.

"Dear Mr. Fredette:

As a lifelong gun owner and hunter you can rest assured that I will be voting no on House Bill #4102.

Jim Fagan"

I called a number of these folks and not surprisingly didn't get a hold of one of them.....Glad to see our elected officials have time to listen to there constituents......sad....couldn't get anyone to tell me what way they were voting.

I created a letter template with mail merge so you can quickly generate letters to the entire committee (17 members). Depending on which version of MS Word you are using, you can also send it via email using the same process. If anyone wants the files, IM or email me, or tell me if there is a way to upload files to the forum (I don't see it anywhere).

Entrenched incumbent are getting "election-year religion"

I received this from my Rep James Fagan.

"Dear Mr. Fredette:

As a lifelong gun owner and hunter you can rest assured that I will be voting no on House Bill #4102.

Jim Fagan"

I am running against Jim Fagan for State Representative, and you can also rest assured that he is flip-flopping on votes this election year, so be weary.

Shaunna O'Connell
Candidate For State Representative - Taunton
www.shaunna2010.com

I called my state rep and senator and then everyone on this list:

Senator Cynthia Stone-Creem 617.722.1639 (for)
Senator Steven Baddour 617.722.1604 (opposed)
Senator Gale Candaras 617.722.1291 (no pos)
Senator John Hart 617.722.1150 (undec)
Senator Thomas McGee 617.722.1350 ( unknown)
Senator Bruce Tarr 617.722.1600 ( opposed)
Rep. Eugene O'Flaherty 617.722.2396 (no comment)
Rep. Christopher Speranzo 617.722.2396 (for)
Rep. James Fagan 617.722.2430 (opposed)
Rep. Colleen Garry 617.722.2380 (no answer)
Rep. Marie St. Fleur 617.722.2030 ( retired)
Rep. John Fernandes 617.722.2396 (opposed)
Rep. Katherine Clark 617.722.2220 (reserv rt to vote)
Rep. Danielle Gregoire 617.722.2080 (opposed)
Rep. James Dwyer 617.722.2014 (opposed)

I have included in () their offices responses and what their position is at this time. Many indicated they had had numerous calls. If you can't call them all at least call the for and fence sitters.

Back
Top Bottom