Article: Import Ban on 7N6 5.45×39

This letter and posting is pure BS!

Just another example of an "unmentioned" source.

These types of posts are just issued to get people reading the web page. Show me the letter with the BATF letterhead on it!

Why didn't you see it or one?

Because then the poster would have broken the law by posting a fraudulent document !

P.S... Didn't mean derik, meant the original poster of the article. It seems like everyone is trying to make up a Russian ammo ban/shortage story. Every time you look at it, the original source is "unnamed" or "wishes to have identify hidden". Unless you see a copy of the BATF letter posted WITH LETTERHEAD or read it on the BATF web site, this talk about bans of importations is just BS being spread around to have something to say, post and circulate.

Last edited:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_217/241632_Aim_5_45_uppers.html&page=26#i2337094
As much as I love to hate on the guys at AIM Surplus over their MA unfriendliness, I think this can safely be considered confirmed.

As for "[breaking] the law by posting a fraudulent document..." Really?

Ok.. doubt it? Then I suggest you write some verbiage on a document that is on ATF letter head and post the thing on your web page.

I am sure the ATF would ignore your post and laugh at your forged document citing made up false ATF policy.

[thinking]

Ok.. doubt it? Then I suggest you write some verbiage on a document that is on ATF letter head and post the thing on your web page.

I am sure the ATF would ignore your post and laugh at your forged document citing made up false ATF policy.

[thinking]
Nobody's posted such a letter, obviously.

Not likely you're going to get USPS turnaround of a day, much less BATF turnaround in under a week.

I don't see anyone making a profit based on a false letter or gaining any particular business benefit yet, so unless we're just calling it fraud, we're going to need a statute that specifically covers forged ATF policy documents.

We're what, 1 day into this? At this point, when we've got multiple people confirming that this has been relayed to them verbally by the ATF, even if it's not an official import ban, at this time it seems to be a de facto ban.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom