Article: House Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban Manufacture of ‘Assault Weapons’

Excellent! Let the Democrats keep shooting themselves in the foot. They didn't learn their lesson after they enacted the 1994 Crime Bill (AWB) causing them to lose their majority in the Congress.

In the spirit of star wars let me channel some Emperor Palpatine for them..."Good good, let the hate flow through you and your journey to the dark side will be complete"

Love the staged picture. Anybody else think that the mag would have been removed first before examining the firearm? At least stupidity coming from a Dem will spur the economy again.

Wow... what a shock. A RI Democrat introduces an anti-gun bill supported by NY and MD congressmen... all we are missing is CA and MA!

Love the staged picture. Anybody else think that the mag would have been removed first before examining the firearm? At least stupidity coming from a Dem will spur the economy again.

No, they are cops. They have shown many times that they don't know how to handle guns.

Ahead of an election year, pander to the base, vilify the opposition, if you have a prop that emotionally polarizes, even better.

Kills me how the news dude states that gun owners oppose Obamas drive to stop gun violence... We all want gun violence of innocents to go down.

Looks like shit is made up as they go along
“(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
“(i) A pistol grip.
“(ii) A forward grip.
“(iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
“(iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
“(v) A barrel shroud.
“(vi) A threaded barrel.

Essentially all semi-auto firearms in common use.

(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun.
I don't understand this, the rate of fire of a semiautomatic is limited by how quickly the trigger pulled. Does that mean if I finger bang the trigger, it's a violation?

“(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
[rolleyes]

“(i) All AK types, including the following
“(ii) All AR types, including the following:
All in common use

At this point, they have gone full retard and the co-sponsors can go pound sand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom