Article: DEM CONGRESSWOMAN: GOP’S DEFENSE OF GUN RIGHTS SAME AS ‘BULLYING’

i guess the founding fathers were a bunch of bullies too. the bully card will be the new race card.

"Democratic Rights"? What charter for government is she reading?

The Bill of Rights exists SPECIFICALLY to protect individuals from democratic rights. The Will of the Majority is worse that the Tyranny of a Single Dictator.

Wait? What?!?! Who is BULLYING WHO?!?

Isn't her side that wants to take away our property and our rights because she has an irrational fear of an inanimate object?

- - - Updated - - -

"Democratic Rights"? What charter for government is she reading?

The Bill of Rights exists SPECIFICALLY to protect individuals from democratic rights. The Will of the Majority is worse that the Tyranny of a Single Dictator.

Yes. "the tyranny of the majority" aka 'mob rule'

I once had an anti explain to me that, because I own an item he doesn't like and have it in the privacy of my home, I'm aggressing against him, because the mere fact that I have it has him skeerd.

Wait the left will now claim that the 1st amendment is bad because you might have a different opinion than the libs!

Wait the left will now claim that the 1st amendment is bad because you might have a different opinion than the libs!

They have been for some time. The argument is that "hate speech" is not protected. Microaggressions count as hate speech.

Did anybody read the last line of the article? She wants "[Rubio and Jordan] to turn their attention to the federal ban on guns in federal facilities."

So... rather than let DC citizens protect themselves she would rather let citizens carry in Federal buildings? Really?

Liberal hypocrites. Did she not read the story about the fake gun store in NYC that was aimed at shaming people who were thinking about purchasing a gun? If that's not bullying, I don't know what is.

Holmes Norton is a non-voting member of the House of Representatives. Yep. American "citizens" residing in that eternal swamp known as the District of Columbia have ZERO representation. She's a ZERO. And despite not having representation, citizens of the District of Columbia are subject to all U.S. federal taxes. Instead of opening up her impotent cake hole about guns, how'z about she make some noise about her constituents (snicker) who are subject to Taxation without Representation?

Interesting
A couple of hundred years ago the majority of voters in southern states had some laws too.
She still want to stick with her opinion?

Switch gun rights to gay rights and see how fast she can do a 180. Can't have anything on the ballot that might impact gay rights.

duuuuude.....

110402_barack_obama_ap_605.jpg
AP10022505128-640x480.jpg

If I am not mistaken isn't DC the only entity in the US that is under the direct control of Congress? Because of it's nature and the federal government didn't want to be dictated to by a municipal or state government, the district was created and sole authority was granted to Congress. So if Congress uses it's own authority this is somehow a bad thing? I bet the people on the left would be praising these same guys if they were using that very same authority to legalize pot. Politics is just so damn strange sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom