Article: Chicago Airport Police Officers Directed to ‘Run And Hide’ In Event of Activ

So sad. Perhaps Obama will use this as an example of what needs to be done in the fight against gun violence... Disarm the police.

I'm a retired Customs and Border Protection Officer. Two years ago we were all required to watch a FEMA produced training video (all federal employees were required to watch the video) regarding actions to take in the event of an active shooter.

The video was obviously geared towards the unarmed civil service workers as it told the viewer to run and hide or barricade yourself in an office and wait for the police to respond!

The overwhelming response from me and my fellow armed officers was "yeah, right." Most of us said lets go find and stop the threat.

If I was a sworn police officer and was told I had to work unarmed and to ru and hide in the event of an active shooter I do believe my first response would be BS; second reply would be bye bye!

well, if something happens...God forbid...the explanations as to why these guys are unarmed should be beyond interesting....

Where's that "Ha! GAAAAAAAAY!!!" video when you need it? This new tapatalk app has taken away my ability to post images and videos.

So..the airport police....certified trained police officers...DON'T have means to defend the airport....and need to CALL THE POLICE.....while hiding??
Wow...that's just beyond any absurd thing a normal person could think of....

Back
Top Bottom