Army sergeant who drove car into crowd at BLM demonstration and shot dead protester who was armed with AK-47 is charged with murder: PARDONED!!!

Reptile

NES Member
  • Sgt Daniel Perry, 33, was booked into jail on a charge of murder for the July 2020 killing of BLM protester Garrett Foster
  • Perry shot Foster, 28, multiple times after the protester approached his ride-share car in Austin holding an AK-47
  • Protesters said Foster drove into a crowd of demonstrators, and Foster sought to protect his wheelchair-bound quadruple amputee fiancée
  • Perry claimed self-defense, with his lawyer now saying he was faced with a 'split-second decision' after being confronted by masked gunman
An Army soldier who shot and killed a Black Lives Matter protester armed with an AK-47 after driving into a crowd demonstrating against police violence in Austin last summer has been indicted on a murder charge.

Sgt. Daniel Perry, 33, who was stationed at Fort Hood, was booked into the Travis County jail on Thursday and later released on $300,000 bail, said Kristen Dark, a spokeswoman for the Travis County Sheriff's Office.

Perry's attorney, Clint Broden, has said the soldier was working for a ride-sharing company and acted in self-defense after protester Garrett Foster, 28, pointed an assault rifle at him.

Broden issued a statement Thursday expressing disappointment in the indictment and confidence that Perry would be acquitted.

'Sgt. Perry will vigorously fight all of these charges,' Broden stated. 'It is important to note that the standard of proof required for an indictment is significantly less than the standard of proof required for a conviction.'

Broden's statement continued: 'Sgt. Perry again simply asks that anybody who might want to engage in a hindsight review of this incident picture themselves trapped in a car as a masked stranger raises an AK-47 in their direction and reflect upon what they might have done if faced with the split-second decision he faced.'

Perry, 33, is a career solider who was stationed at Fort Hood and served a tour of duty in Afghanistan

+8

Perry, 33, is a career solider who was stationed at Fort Hood and served a tour of duty in Afghanistan
Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza said in a press conference Thursday that the grand jury returned indictments against Perry for the charges of murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a deadly conduct misdemeanor charge in the July 25, 2020, death of Foster.

He said the grand jury reviewed evidence from investigations by the District Attorney's office and a three-week investigation by Austin officers, who reviewed over 150 exhibits and interviewed 22 witnesses.

Garza said Perry declined to testify before the grand jury, but that Perry's attorney did provide a packet with information, which was shared with the grand jury with the exception of details not admissible in a trial.

Garza said his office planned to request that Perry surrender his firearms, in addition to other conditions, for his release.

Last edited:
If you point a gun at someone tou should expect to have one pointed back at you followed by gun shots.
Funny the police can get away with this even based on thoughts and feelings.
Now if the soldier actively tracked this AK holding individual and shot him, we have a different problem.
Being charged with a crime is the easy part for the prosecution

Yeah depends if the deceased thought the soldier was trying to run him over or was just being an aggressor. No way to know without more info.

Army sergeant who drove car into crowd at BLM demonstration and shot dead protester who was armed with AK-47 is charged with murder​

Rep, did you write this? Or did you cut and paste?
Either way man, wtf?
This. Did he know that the protester was dead before he shot him? Jack.

Army sergeant who drove car into crowd at BLM demonstration and shot dead protester who was armed with AK-47 is charged with murder​

Rep, did you write this? Or did you cut and paste?
Either way man, wtf?

It's probably written by that same person that said the 10 year old girl was shot "in the arm and in the hospital" [rofl]

Yeah depends if the deceased thought the soldier was trying to run him over or was just being an aggressor. No way to know without more info.
Car was stopped, AKM boy was standing to the side of the car, next to driver's window, kind of tough to run him over from that position.

So clown world has now fully infected Texas even? Great.
Austin has been a lost cause for decades.

Same guy who did the interview shot some of the footage of the shooting:

So... how many versions are there about what happened? And which should I believe?

Should I be outraged or euphoric? Tell me, internet! Tell me!

I've seen the video.
The dude wasn't trying to run anyone over for one.
He got got caught up in one of the many "Let's block the street and assault people" "Peaceful" protests.
Secondly , point a rifle in my face and you will get the correct response , every single time.
This is bullshit .

Texas AG Paxton slams 'Soros-backed' prosecutor after jury convicts Army sergeant for shooting protester​

Sgt. Daniel Perry claimed he had acted in self-defense in the shooting of an armed man at a Black Lives Matter protest in 2020​

This mans car was being attacked my a mob.

Among the protesters was 28-year-old Garrett Foster, who was carrying an AK-47. Perry's defense team says that the demonstrators encircled and starting pounding on his vehicle and that Foster raised the firearm at Perry, prompting him to open fire with a handgun he legally carried for self-defense.

"When Garrett Foster pointed his AK-47 at Daniel Perry, Daniel had two tenths of a second to defend himself. He chose to live," Doug O’Connell, an attorney for Perry, perviously told Fox in a statement.

If you are being attacked and one of the attackers raises an AK at you - do you have the right to defend yourself?

So here's my question:
Is this the beginning of the end?
or...........
I'm thinking we're already like past the beginning and moving quite fast to the middle of the end.......

:mad:

So here's my question:
Is this the beginning of the end?
or...........
I'm thinking we're already like past the beginning and moving quite fast to the middle of the end.......

:mad:

thats why i think we should just hit the gas, why drag it out? instead let's ACCELERATE

Back
Top Bottom