• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arms industry: Gun buys up 95%, ammo 139%, sales to blacks jump 58%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

NES Member
The gun industry has never seen anything like 2020, and the explosion in sales driven by the concerns over rising crime, protests, the coronavirus crisis, and the presidential election are expected to continue.

“Bottom line is that there has never been a sustained surge in firearm sales quite like what we are in the midst of,” the National Shooting Sports Foundation, an industry trade group, said in a report shared with Secrets.

New sales and customer data collected from gun stores are even more shocking than the latest historic level of FBI background checks for purchases, security clearances, and concealed carry permits.

90.png

Why does black gun ownership make you sad? Are you a Democrat?
No Im a realist

Historically, theyre responsible for a hugely disproportionate share of violent crime. Anecdotally, they have poor impulse control and are quick to resort to violence over petty issues. They also seem to be under the impression lately that theyre being hunted by whites for some reason. Im not in favor of paranoid, violent people arming themselves. Nothing I can do about it, but cant say Im happy about it either.

No Im a realist

Historically, theyre responsible for a hugely disproportionate share of violent crime. Anecdotally, they have poor impulse control and are quick to resort to violence over petty issues. They also seem to be under the impression lately that theyre being hunted by whites for some reason. Im not in favor of paranoid, violent people arming themselves. Nothing I can do about it, but cant say Im happy about it either.

@headednorth: "Blacks have poor impulse control"
NFL: 70% of players are black
NBA: 74.3% of players are black

One of these things is inconsistent with the others.

If you think that 15% of the population commits 90% of crimes, what solutions do you propose to eliminate or mitigate this issue?

@headednorth: "Blacks have poor impulse control"
NFL: 70% of players are black
NBA: 74.3% of players are black

not sure what that has to do with anything but...

If you think that 15% of the population commits 90% of crimes, what solutions do you propose to eliminate or mitigate this issue?

Nothing politically correct enough to list here.

I've never understood why race is on the 4473.
Well, they are taking gender off. They need something to do, so now they can print 176.22 million new 4473s and mail them out first class on the taxpayer dime. They could have simply said to just N/A that, but they like "Make work". Jack.

now we just need all these new buyers to vote for 2A candidates. otherwise they are just shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.

No Im a realist

Unlike you I judge humans one at a time. I don't lump them into "good" or "bad" based on stereotypical thoughts.

We all pronounce hate for the gov when they lump gun owners as "bad" based on stereotypical opinions when proposing laws right? We all pronounce hate of the mass chiefs that restrict LTC applications based on assumptions right?

Freedom is freedom......we should judge each human as an individual.

Looks like NES is circling the racist drain again.

Well we've all had our own experiences during our lifetimes that have shaped the way we see the world.

Well we've all had our own experiences during our lifetimes that have shaped the way we see the world.

What experiences have you personally had that make you desire the suppression of ownership of guns by black people?

Soooo, it appears that China + BLM are better gun salesmen than Obama. Who would have thought...

New gun ownership is good. Hopefully many new owners find their way to exposure to gun culture versus a few range trips and tossing a Taurus and a box of 9mm into a box and forgetting about it.

Democrats don't give a damn about gun rights in respect to white men, however this change in stereo typical ownership demographics that directly lands in their percieved voter base could make a difference (or could sway voter base).

Haven't read up on NAAGA's opinions on scary guns & politics, hopefully these relatively new organizations are preaching about the politics involved and highlighting the ridiculous nature of AWB's, mag limits, etc

Bear in mind these are OTC FFL retail gun sales, all the "bad black people" already had guns, dude.... Also not every brown person that lives in or near a dump city where these idiots are rioting is a bad person. People just want to protect themselves.

ETA: Also think about what you're suggesting- you're essentially, telling me that a black person, who manages to pass a NICS check, and somehow, magically, got to 18 or 21 without a disqualifying conviction (which as we know, is trivially easy to get in this country for various near-meaningless things), is still more likely to be a bad person? [rofl]

Bear in mind these are OTC FFL retail gun sales, all the "bad black people" already had guns, dude.... Also not every brown person that lives in or near a dump city where these idiots are rioting is a bad person. People just want to protect themselves.

ETA: Also think about what you're suggesting- you're essentially, telling me that a black person, who manages to pass a NICS check, and somehow, magically, got to 18 or 21 without a disqualifying conviction (which as we know, is trivially easy to get in this country for various near-meaningless things), is still more likely to be a bad person? [rofl]

Sounds like a liberal lady I was arguing with about guns in a FB group one day. "How would you feel if you knew a young black male walking towards you was carrying a gun?" Um...IDGAF him having a gun on him doesn't automatically signal bad intent, wtf is wrong with you that that's your first thought? I had to worry more about young white dudes in Fall River than black ones lol

No Im a realist

Odds are the Blacks you are worrying about are not the ones buying a gun with the background check on a federal form. And therefore not included in this data.

Any color people that want to buy and use guns legally is ok with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom