Armor Arms, Fitchburg, MA

I had the pleasure last night of picking up a SIG P228 from this new dealer in Fitchburg. I had decided after shooting my buddies P226 that I needed to have a SIG and decided on the P228. After a trip to another shop in the area, where they were unwilling to help me transfer one in, I sent a PM to ArmorArms on the board. I received a quick reply indicating that they would check up on the one that I had found and linked them too, and that they would also check with their sources to see if they could find me a better deal. Shortly afterwards I received a phone call from the owner telling me that he had found a police turn in with 2 pre-ban hicaps, and the best part was that his out the door price was over $60 less than the one I had found with restricted mags.

Picking up the gun from them was an interesting experience as well. The "shop" is a small room in newly redeveloped office complex, that, combined with the fact that this is a new venture for the owner who still has his day job explains the limited "by appointment only" hours. I had an opportunity to speak with the owner where it was explained that the current set up was temporary until he could find a suitable space to go into business in a more expanded capacity. He also took the time to tell me about some the options that he is looking into that would turn Armor Arms into more than just another gun shop.
I won't ruin their "surprise" reveal what he has in the works as it is all in the initial planning stages and will take some time to come to fruition, but I have his word that if/when it does some true he will post the details here on the board for everyone. I can however say that after talking with him, he seems like a truly good person, and that he has some good ideas that will benefit the shooters in the area, and that I am personally excited about what he is trying to accomplish as wish him the best.

No, this is not a paid advertisement! It is just a positive review by a customer happy with a good deal received, and impressed with this dealers excellent communication and customer service through the deal. While their inventory is fairly limited, it is fully displayed on the website http://www.armorarms.com ,don't hesitate to send them a e-mail or give them a call, they will do their best to find what you're looking for for a decent price. [rockon]

At this point the shop isn't much larger than an 8' x 10' office, so he really doesn't have room for much stock of anything. He may be willing to help with ordering however, Shoot them an e-mail through the website, or PM on the board here and see what they say.

I finally got a chance to take the Sig to the range, and I must say the DAO action is quite the change from my 1911's and Glock, but it is very smooth and it shoots great. Great gun at a great price. Thanks again....

AA- I see the Arsenal AK for sale (ARSENAL LR106FR 223 FXD FLD). Is this the fixed stock version withou the brake? I assume the pic you have on your site is not the gun. PM me for details or the actual picture please

I have stopped by Armor Arms 3 times, everytime I walk upstairs and knock..nobody ever opens the door... all three times were mid-week, mid-day.

whats up with this, are they open only on weekends??

ARMOR ARMS FITCHBURG, MA

bought a beretta from him today. very nice guy and has served his country to boot. pistol was better than he rated it and was very reasonable in price. I would recommend him for future purchases to anyone. has a beautiful sig 556 for sale, and no one else has one in the state. well that's my throw on him

dave s

bought a beretta from him today. very nice guy and has served his country to boot. pistol was better than he rated it and was very reasonable in price. I would recommend him for future purchases to anyone. has a beautiful sig 556 for sale, and no one else has one in the state. well that's my throw on him

dave s

I'm thinking about heading over there next week when things slow down a bit. Ever since Jurek went LEO-Only, and Montague Ammo Dump closed, there's virtually no firearms retail in Franklin County which means that Fitchburg is now "local" by virtue of the fact that it's an easy half hour down Rt 2. I guess you have to make an appointment though huh?

duke,
i made a appiontment for sunday and he was there. You all heard me "sunday". you should call him thou and make sure he'll be there. I also bought 500 rds of brass cased 45 acp ball for 80 bucks.

duke,
i made a appiontment for sunday and he was there. You all heard me "sunday". you should call him thou and make sure he'll be there. I also bought 500 rds of brass cased 45 acp ball for 80 bucks.

[shocked]
Holy Sh*t, are for real!!! 500 rds for $80!!! Do they have any more for that price? I gotta get my a$$ over there[banana]

Armor Arms??

Anyone ever been to, or done any business with Armor Arms out of Fitchburg. I stumbled upon there website last night and am surprised I have never heard of them. They look like they have some nice stuff, I just like a little feedback from the folks that know best.
Thanks.

I had sent 2 or 3 emails inquiring about ammo a few months ago and I never heard back. I figured I would try to call (usually I would when I was at work but all ways got his machine) and ask him on the phone, but I kind have forgot about it until I saw this post.

I have nothing but good things to say about Jerry at Armor Arms. He used to work with me as a Federal LEO but left to finish his schooling in medicine (I think). He generally doesn't stock anything in the office (and when I say office, I literally mean an 8'x10' office) but will bend over backwards to get whatever you may need. He can be a little hard to get a hold of sometimes, but he will return phone calls and emails. I ordered my LEO H&K P2000 from him about 6 months ago and he actually came to my apartment to do the sale. He did all the paperwork on my couch. Now if that's not good service, I don't know what is.

i was going to head over to check out their location in leominster but couldn't get anyone on the phone. it sounds like the number listed on their webpage is a cell phone, no one picked up and the mailbox was full.

i would have liked to check the place out but it doesn't look like there's anything going on over there. off their website they have a blog link but it hasn't been touched since june of 2008.

I was in the area yesterday and swung by. There is no sign but I followed the directions on the web site and went to the door I thought was right but it was locked. I tried a second door with the same outcome. I figured they would be closed on Sundays but I was in the area so why the heck not try. I tried calling three different times all different days.... No luck. I wrote two emails asking to come in and check out a pistol... No reply. And most recently I PMed Armor Arms here but he hasn't been online according to his profile page so I can't hold that against him. I wonder how the range is coming along?

I was in there a little over a week ago. Jerry and David are real nice guys and (as expected) very excited about the "new" Armor Arms. The facility is still under construction but it shouldn't be too long before the doors are open. I know Jerry said he would be gone during the holidays. At this point, email is the best way to get in touch with Jerry. David showed me the plans/layout for the facility and all I can say is [shocked]. If all goes as planned this will be one of the most comprehensive shooting facility in the state! Mil-Dot

It appears that many projects are in the works at the same time. When I was in visiting, the shooting range was in the initial phase of construction.

Flyer, I went there a few weeks ago, and the time estimate for the range is March sometime. They are waiting to hear back from someone to get final approval to break ground. I got a tour of their facilities as well-they seem very excited to get this going, but do have limited in-store items. But, then again, they werent "officially" opened yet.

Has anyone stopped in to see if how things are moving along (if at all)? I stopped in over the summer and nothing had changed. No stock in the gun shop (pretty much just some clothing and some magazines).

Anyone know what happened to Jerry and Armor Arms? Went to the academy with him and bought some stuff off him. Really stand up guy.

My wife ran into him the other day. He said that the pipes burst in the building and flooded his place. A lot of the inventory and paperwork was damaged and wasn't able to be salvaged. His insurance won't pay for all of it and the building owner won't either. So there is a legal battle going on. He is out a good amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom