Armed customer shoots dollar store robber, killing him

gene

NES Member
According to the report, the customer -- a 57-year-old grandfather -- and two store employees were inside the Dollar General store Monday around 9 p.m. when two armed men entered the store with the intention to rob it.

usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/28/13526604-armed-customer-shoots-dollar-store-robber-killing-him?lite

Just read this a few minutes ago...hip hip hooray for the old guy (1 year older than myself [smile])

the guy was a marksman and competition shooter....those guys picked the wrong store...talk about bad timing but food on the grandfather!! Another perp off the streets

"The second suspect fled the scene in a small SUV, FirstCoastNews.com reported. Police say the man is about 6 feet tall man and was wearing khaki pants,"

I bet the back of those pants are brown now

Good job grandpa.

Those dollar stores must be so easy to run. Especially in tax free states like NH. I went to one for the first time tonight. Everything is REALLY just a dollar. Checkout was a breeze.

(1) There's no need to spend time putting a price sticker on each piece of merchandise in the store. (2) There's no sales tax to calculate. (3) During checkout, the clerk simply counts the items up and thats your total. 10 items, $10. 5 items, $5.

Because criminals are dumb. If you are willing to commit armed robbery, go to a bank. They have real, cash money. There is no point in getting 1000 $1 bills.

Still has way more cash than a typical convenience store though. (the thing they usually hit)

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom