Armed Citizen detains fugitive

there you go you damn liberal, anti gun dinks.....

Chalk one up for the good guy and his "Right to bear Arms"

in your face Deval, Obama and Hitlery... [rofl]

I always wondered about these liberal, moronic, gun-banning types. What do you think they would want when they hear a window break or door pried open at 3:00 a.m.?

While they cower under the bed, I bet they wished they could open the nightstand drawer and grab a firearm. I know they'd never admit it, but you know they'd want a gun in this scenario.

Take Ted Blowhard Kennedy for example, he rails against firearm ownership. Yet he has armed body gaurds that protect his fanny.
Such double standards.

Is he getting a free pass because he's a firefighter,(glad that he is).My question though, are we able to do this, or will we be arrested for brandishing a firearm and the bad guy be let go because he is now the victim of a gun wielding lunatic who hurt his feelings?

While having cuffs isn't a bad idea, and please I mean no offense to anyone reading, but PLEASE do not attempt to cuff anyone unless you are properly trained to do so, especially if its just you and the perp. Yeah you have the gun, but you can't cuff a guy one handed, and a situation can turn south REAL fast if you don't know exactly how to proceed.

Just my advice, take it or leave it, but I would either become cuff trained and do some serious practicing or better yet, hold the suspect at gun point and let the cops do the cuffing. YMMV, as always.

While having cuffs isn't a bad idea, and please I mean no offense to anyone reading, but PLEASE do not attempt to cuff anyone unless you are properly trained to do so. Yeah you have the gun, but you can't cuff a guy one handed, and a situation can turn south REAL fast if you don't know exactly how to proceed.

Just my advice, take it or leave it, but I would either become cuff trained or hold the suspect at gun point and let the cops do the cuffing. YMMV, as always.

I agree 1000%

Is Massachusetts getting a bad rap ?

Is he getting a free pass because he's a firefighter,(glad that he is).My question though, are we able to do this, or will we be arrested for brandishing a firearm and the bad guy be let go because he is now the victim of a gun wielding lunatic who hurt his feelings?

I was on another gun forum, and the topic was citizen arrest,
and a few members were very strong minded in suggesting not doing this in Massachusetts
They were insisting that one would lose their LTC and be arrested if the perf wanted to sue for false imprisonment, illegal arrest/detainment, or something like that.
Like you, I wonder if this citizen is getting a free pass because of his employment, as compared to if he was a regular joe mechanic or a cook
?

an attorneys opinion on citizen arrest would be valuable here

I was on another gun forum, and the topic was citizen arrest,
and a few members were very strong minded in suggesting not doing this in Massachusetts
They were insisting that one would lose their LTC and be arrested if the perf wanted to sue for false imprisonment, illegal arrest/detainment, or something like that.
Like you, I wonder if this citizen is getting a free pass because of his employment, as compared to if he was a regular joe mechanic or a cook
?

You know for a fact that the only thing saving him is that he is a firefighter.

Yes, it would. Especially since the citizen had invited that person into their home.

And what would be the next action if the person held at gunpoint decided to just up and walk out the door?

Guys and girls, please cut the local police chief some slack! I live in Rochester and know the Chief and his LTC issuing officer. Rochester is a "green" town and the citizens are usually very vigilant watching for criminals. This incident involved three subjects, two of whom were still in the woods in the area. He is a Rochester fireman but in Rochester it wouldn't matter if he/she was a public employee, friend of the police, or just a good citizen doing the right thing. Thank God there are still some towns like this!!!!

commandcaddy

I always wondered about these liberal, moronic, gun-banning types. What do you think they would want when they hear a window break or door pried open at 3:00 a.m.?

While they cower under the bed, I bet they wished they could open the nightstand drawer and grab a firearm. I know they'd never admit it, but you know they'd want a gun in this scenario.

Take Ted Blowhard Kennedy for example, he rails against firearm ownership. Yet he has armed body gaurds that protect his fanny.
Such double standards.

Now we all know that one of these gun grabbing liberals would just admit that it was their time to die or their families rather than grab a gun to defend themselves. Hell, I would be willing to bet they feel so strongly about their convictions that if armed men broke in and started beating them or their family members to a bloody pulp in their own home, the person wouldn't attempt to take a handgun and use it for defense if you placed it in their hand, loaded and cocked.

Rather they would wait for their first opportunity assuming they got one and would call 911.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom