Arizona non res in New Hampshire

FFS. Who the hell has ever had to show a permit at all??? Just carry the damn gun.

The handful of people who got caught with their pants down without one. The NH cases are out there if you do some digging. There was a guy who was at a school function and left a loaded .380 in his truck during some stupid obama thing, and I've read a handful of accounts where traffic stops got made, loaded guns got found, and sans a permit, someone's getting arrested.

Is it rare? Sure. But it's not impossible, and the worst thing is that you know for sure that all the douche/bad cops know about this law and probably use it whenever they can.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't non-res NH permits $100?

That's why he said $25/year... it lasts 4 years.

Just fill out the app and send your $100!! I got sick of stowing my carry when entering NH and finally got the P&R lic. It took 7 business days Door to door.

It's well worth the $100. I crossed the border maybe once the first 6 months I had it, almost seemed like a waste of $. Then I went up for a mini-vacation and was able to carry as usual. Then I had to be in the Portsmouth area twice in the same week...no sweat, carried as usual.

Just makes it so much easier when you cross the border. No worries about traffic stops, etc. [thumbsup]

It WILL make you a Lifetime PP for a LTC! ANY weapon conviction that has a POTENTIAL jail term. MGL C. 140 S. 131 (d)(i)(d)

Maybe for mass but not federally. One can leave mass if this were to happen. Kinda hard to leave the US and keep your guns.

So the police will charge you with a class A misdemeanor if violating RSA 159:4 as this is what they charged Oriol Dor with. The NHSC ruling that we are familiar with due to it clarifying the "loaded" language of this RSA states what he was charged with.

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/supreme/opinions/2013/2013057dor.pdf

Now as far as I can tell a class A misdemeanor in NH is punishable by jail of up to one year and/or a fine of $2000. So while someone is a PP in Mass, they are not a PP federally since the potential jail time does not exceed one year. So in NH, this statute provides you with one "get out of PP status free" card, if you happen to get caught.

The handful of people who got caught with their pants down without one. The NH cases are out there if you do some digging. There was a guy who was at a school function and left a loaded .380 in his truck during some stupid obama thing, and I've read a handful of accounts where traffic stops got made, loaded guns got found, and sans a permit, someone's getting arrested.

Is it rare? Sure. But it's not impossible, and the worst thing is that you know for sure that all the douche/bad cops know about this law and probably use it whenever they can.

-Mike

NH has so few gun laws that it is rather easy for an officer to know the law.

That's why he said $25/year... it lasts 4 years.

Yea I don't wanna hear anyone complain about the price. I have to fork over $100 and drive to Chelsea (wherever that is) per year for the privilege of merely bringing in a spent shell casing into Mass let alone an actual firearm, and on top of that, there is the possibility the license would be restricted to only allow possession and not carry.

Apparently you can't read. It says license from any state. It says this for all permit holders including those who are residents or residents of multiple states. There's no way for the cop to know if you're a dual resident or not. Nor any reason for him to question it.

FFS. Who the hell has ever had to show a permit at all??? Just carry the damn gun.

You are WRONG! It says Driver's license. Do I have to scan the f'ing thing to put it in your face? Wouldn't matter. You still wouldn't understand it. [rolleyes]

Let's summarize this-

NH law recognizes resident permits from certain other states. The AZ permit does not distinguish on it's face resident or non resident status and requires another form of identification (drivers license) to confirm identity. If you produce a MA drivers license with your AZ permit- a cop could reasonably assume you were a MA resident using a non resident permit to carry in NH, which is a misdemeanor. You could try to argue dual residency status at the side of the road- but most likely you would end up in court.

Can you afford to be a test case? You would be paying a lawyer for this- and since there is a grey area you would have zero chance of winning your legal costs after the fact. And if you lose you would be a PP in Mass.

Again can you afford to be a test case?

Admittedly the odds of your being arrested or even found to be carrying are small, but they aren't zero. Your choice.

I have zero interest in being a test case!

$100 bills is well worth the avoidance.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions and all the other input.

My check is in the mail.

V.

I have zero interest in being a test case!

$100 bills is well worth the avoidance.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions and all the other input.

My check is in the mail.

V.

You should hear back in about three weeks between time for them to receive process and then mail out the license.

You should hear back in about three weeks between time for them to receive process and then mail out the license.

Last I heard it's not even that long, avg is back to the old 2 weeks-ish now. It was pretty horrendous a few months ago but things are better now, apparently.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom