Arizona non res in New Hampshire

Vin100

NES Member
I am a mass resident with Mass class A restricted T&H and an Arizona CCW.

Can I carry concealed in NH?

The language is not too clear. Arizona has only one CCW but I cant tell if NH will recognize an Arizona from a Non AZ resident.

Thank you for the help.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

according to this, yes, NH recognizes your AZ resident permit.

That's great but he's not an AZ resident. And his permit would be invalid in NH.

You cannot wallhack the NH nonres as an MA resident, by doing the AZ, UT etc, pet trick. Maine has the same problem. If either were hackable, nobody would bother getting either one and just get some other cheaper license that provides reciprocity.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Answer is yes. As Ochmude points out AZ does not distinguish.

But NH does distinguish- If the person is not a resident of AZ they will not honor the permit.

-Mike

Last edited:
I believe the doctor is correct. Your AZ license, although not stamped"Nonresident," will still presumably have your MA home address printed on it. Dead giveaway that it is a non-resi license.

So in this instance you'd actually need both the permit and an additional proof of residency, I'm assuming?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the doctor is correct. Your AZ license, although not stamped"Nonresident," will still presumably have your MA home address printed on it. Dead giveaway that it is a non-resi license.

There's no address on the AZ permit.

So in this instance you'd actually need both the permit and an additional proof of residency, I'm assuming?

Yes. NH LEOs aren't going to have every lic. face distinction in a book. If it ever came up they would just be looking for the carry license and the DL to indicate residence in a reciprocal state. If they did not match, well...

Honestly, OP, since it's a painless application, get the NH non-res license and call it a day.

Yes. NH LEOs aren't going to have every lic. face distinction in a book. If it ever came up they would just be looking for the carry license and the DL to indicate residence in a reciprocal state. If they did not match, well...

Honestly, OP, since it's a painless application, get the NH non-res license and call it a day

QFTT

Honestly, OP, since it's a painless application, get the NH non-res license and call it a day.

This.

There's no address to compare a DL to on the AZ permit. So there's no discrepancy.

Even if there was it doesn't matter. Nothing in NH laws prevents dual residency. For instance I have a resident permit in both NH and CT. Both are valid.

Just carry your gun and don't be a criminal. This is not MA. People aren't looking for a reason to jack you up. I've never been stopped by any officer in CT or NH with a question about having a permit.

I wouldn't call $100 painless. To most people it's a fair amount of money.

Compared to what $100 buys a NH resident in MA, our NR permit is a bargain

Why play games when you can spend the $100 for a 4-year NH non-resident permit and be in compliance with the law?

As shown by USACarry Map, adding a NH non-resident permit gives you reciprocity with Pennsylvania. So you'll have that going for you.

Last edited:
I agree - but why pay $100 if you are covered.

I dint think it was good in NH and then having read on, got sufficiently confused, so figured I would ask....

Why play games when you can spend the $100 for a 4-year NH non-resident permit and be in compliance with the law?

As shown by USACarry Map, adding a NH non-resident permit gives you reciprocity with Pennsylvania. So you'll have that going for you.

I thought Pennsylvania changed their reciprocity laws to no longer honor non-res permits from other states?

PA wil honor the NH non-resi license at this time. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

So what's the logic there (I know, I know)? Because NH requires that a non-resident applicant have a license in their own state (or certification from local PD that you're not a bad dude if no permit is available, ala VT), then that satisfies PA? This is silly.

Bottom line here is if you're not walking around waving your gun in your hand no one is going to ask for a permit. If you're that concerned just OC.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no address on the AZ permit.

Yes, but it is stated on the back of the license:

"This permit must be presented with an official form of photo identification (driver's license from any state, identification card issued pursuant to ARS 28-3165-A., military ID card, or passport)."

So, it doesn't matter if the actual license has an address on it or not. Your official ID is your verification of residency.

So, no, you can NOT use an AZ license to CCW in NH unless you are a resident of AZ.

Yes, but it is stated on the back of the license:

"This permit must be presented with an official form of photo identification (driver's license from any state, identification card issued pursuant to ARS 28-3165-A., military ID card, or passport)."

So, it doesn't matter if the actual license has an address on it or not. Your official ID is your verification of residency.

So, no, you can NOT use an AZ license to CCW in NH unless you are a resident of AZ.

Apparently you can't read. It says license from any state. It says this for all permit holders including those who are residents or residents of multiple states. There's no way for the cop to know if you're a dual resident or not. Nor any reason for him to question it.

FFS. Who the hell has ever had to show a permit at all??? Just carry the damn gun.

Apparently you can't read. It says license from any state. It says this for all permit holders including those who are residents or residents of multiple states. There's no way for the cop to know if you're a dual resident or not. Nor any reason for him to question it.

FFS. Who the hell has ever had to show a permit at all??? Just carry the damn gun.

And furthermore, the first offense for carrying concealed without a license in NH is a misdemeanor. And while the law doesn't specify whether it is a class A or class B misdemeanor I doubt a year in jail would be the punishment so even a first time conviction of the conceal carry law would not make you a PP.

And furthermore, the first offense for carrying concealed without a license in NH is a misdemeanor. And while the law doesn't specify whether it is a class A or class B misdemeanor I doubt a year in jail would be the punishment so even a first time conviction of the conceal carry law would not make you a PP.

It WILL make you a Lifetime PP for a LTC! ANY weapon conviction that has a POTENTIAL jail term. MGL C. 140 S. 131 (d)(i)(d)

Back
Top Bottom