Ares Armor NiB MK1 MOD0 BCG - anyone familiar with it?

Got it for I think $89 last year. Make sure it comes with the o-ring on the the extractor spring. Mine did not, and it had extraction issues, obviously. I told them, and they sent out 3 of them. Works great now.

They had some rejected ones sold thru AIM surplus about a year ago. Not Ares nor AIM's fault, just a scumbag pimping rejected product. Bought one directly from Ares shortly thereafter.....had some serious dimensional issues, should have never passed QC. Customer support from Ares was as bad as I've ever dealt with. Finally got a decent one that has functioned well.

The Carrier is enhanced with a MK1 ModO NiB coating featuring a proprietary method of perfecting the balance of the sodium borohydride reducing agent; a step rarely taken. We then take it one step further to INDIVIDUALLY COAT ALL COMPONENTS before assembly; instead of taking a short cut and coating an assembled unit.

But wait, there's more....
sham_zpsrdwstdbs.jpg

Funny I was looking at this yesterday, and the low friction 556 BCG. I ordered one of the low friction BCG's to go with the unbuilt upper in my safe. The 308 BCG looks pretty good but I could find no information about them. Good price on sale at $175.

Do some googling. I like the idea of supporting Ares, but I've seen a lot of bad about the quality of the bcgs they put out. unfinished edges and stuff like that.

Do some googling. I like the idea of supporting Ares, but I've seen a lot of bad about the quality of the bcgs they put out. unfinished edges and stuff like that.

Yea I saw that as well. There were way more positive than negative stuff posted though so I pulled the trigger on one. I also heard what Bt74 was saying about rejects being sold by others. I'll post here when I get it, likely next week some time.

I received the Ares Low Friction BCG today and it looks extremely well made and finished. Can't find a flaw anywhere... Great looking product for $97.

AresBCG_1-001.jpg

AresBCG_2-001.jpg

AresBCG_4-001.jpg

AresBCG_3-001.jpg

First off, drop it into your upper. The first one I got jammed up. Way out of spec. Had a hard time removing it from the upper. Lubed it heavily and it still bound up. Customer service was atrocious, finally had to do a charge back on my CC to get their attention. 2nd one works flawlessly.

Def. looks good, let us know how it runs.

First off, drop it into your upper. The first one I got jammed up. Way out of spec. Had a hard time removing it from the upper. Lubed it heavily and it still bound up. Customer service was atrocious, finally had to do a charge back on my CC to get their attention. 2nd one works flawlessly.

I ran the 556 low friction BCG in my 300BLK upper today, ran perfectly fine no issues at all. I also picked up one of their 308 NiB carriers and ran 200 rounds through that and it ran perfectly as well. I will say that there were a bunch of tool marks on the inside rear area of the 308 BCG, and some sharp edges that should have been chamfered IMO but will have no effect on function, but the outside is extremely well machined and ran extremely well.

20150416_201901.jpg

20150416_201916.jpg

20150416_201849.jpg

20150416_201821.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom