• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 Stages

I bet you could clean that stage. It's a simple matter of trigger control.

40 yards is no walk in the park. Even 25 yards would be difficult in match conditions. This one needs some practice for sure as there is way too many match points at stake on that stage. Even without penalties it could be costly.... 60 points on the 1st string!

Grip AND trigger control Bill... you know that. :)

And Dan... I'll be sure to put a little extra juice in ALL of my rounds. lol. Matter of fact... I just chrono'd my load- over 135pf. I think my 147s were buzzing along at about 920+ ft/s.

Dave,
There's enough time to go prone for that string. If you practice something other than Bill Drills.

Huh... didn't even think of that.. however I'm still not sure what I'd do. Did I ever tell you how much I hate prone? Almost as much as the heat! LOL Beside if it rains... I will not go prone so I need to be ready otherwise.

I'm under strict supervision on my training program... and I actually do a lot more than just bill drills.. :) I can you show you my training spreadsheet if you want. :)

Huh... didn't even think of that.. however I'm still not sure what I'd do. Did I ever tell you how much I hate prone? Almost as much as the heat! LOL Beside if it rains... I will not go prone so I need to be ready otherwise.

I'm under strict supervision on my training program... and I actually do a lot more than just bill drills.. :) I can you show you my training spreadsheet if you want. :)
Spend a few runs shooting it prone, grab the mag on the way down. Compare it to shooting standing, choose from there.
If it rains, you'll get wet!

spend 100 rounds shooting a target at 50 yards and this stage will be easy. Its still a dumb stage and a waste of a pit

I don't know if I'd consider it a dumb stage.... I do think it will be a very important stage relative to the match.

Depends on the gun, load and at what distance you sighted in.
I aim lower, because I am sighted in to the top of the dot at 25y. But my offset is huge. Best bet is to go out and see where it hits

Donna fwiw I sight my iron sight gun (production) at 25 yards. The offset/bullet drop don't have a significant effect on me at those distances. At 100 yards things change a bit.

The bigger factor by a long shot is holding the sight picture well while pulling the trigger!

Probably the one guy who practices at distance regularly for all the points he's going to pick up on the rest of us.

I'll be sure to get out an practice some of this a bit. It's not a happy thing for me though... :) It's not the only skill required to shoot well, but many people can shoot well at 10 yards... not so much at 25 and 40 yards. That often is a big differentiator- whether its'a mini popper at 35 yards or some paper targets. There are lot of points at some distance at this match that's for sure.

It won't make a difference in the match. The winner will be able to make these shots easily. The guys at the bottom aren't, but they won't do well on the other stages. Its the guys in the middle that will take a beating on this stage.

prone might be the way to go on the 120' depending on the ground conditions; but I've done well in prone shots in recent matches so that may be coloring my opinion. I just hope my bullets don't bounce off the targets at that distance [shocked]

I completely agree. No one likes this. Waste of a stage.

I have no real problems with this stage other than the fact that I could totally eff it up because the chances of me being able to draw, transfer, and fire 6 shots weak hand at 30' in 6sec are slim. I don't see anything wrong with including an old school stage that's purely about shooting skills rather than "gaming" everything. I'll need to set it up before hand and see what 12sec feels like at that 120' distance too.

You big mag guys are just upset because you're getting stripped of your round count advantages [rofl]

See you all on Stage 6 [smile]

I may shoot stage 1 just for fun with my new left hand technique. Not shooting the match but maybe they can squeeze me in.

For those that know the MD well, you should not be the least bit surprised there is a standards stage. He started in this game in the old Southwest Pistol league. When Dan S was a boy [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom